Sign in to follow this  
Guest Simon*

TM: E34 M5 1992

Aint this the one that was on a while ago, the non-genuine M5 with doner shell?

So it's an m-powered 525i.... Would rather the real one from a month or 2 ago

have seen this car at bm workshop in east tamaki .

no its not that green one that was done a while ago by teh owner of bm workshop in ak city .(that wa sbuilt on a 520i shell)

Guest Ari Gold

lots of work done, but what's the point in buying a handbuilt M car that is no longer handbuilt?

lots of work done, but what's the point in buying a handbuilt M car that is no longer handbuilt?

Technically still is hand built.......twice lol.

yes its hand built by some mechanic in glenfeild..

its as good as a new/old hot rod

The owner is a member on here. It's not a genuine M5 but he has been upfront about that, a lot of $ has been spent on it and according to him it goes really well. He should be posting it in the FS section soon.

I'm getting confused by these m5's in non-m5-shells. This was the situation with that M5 I drove Simon. I don't remember that one having been to Gavin,s but Ernst had done the conversion. Either way, you know how I thought that went. So presumably this is a different car.

Hi There Everyone!!

I'm the owner of the E34 M5 for sale on Trade Me & a New member to the forum.

Very interesting comments thankyou.

Pics Now Loaded on trade me. Or if anyone is seriously interested to buy then come over and view.

I have always been a mad long time Lion supporter until my friend finally convinced me to drive his BMW 530 E39. That was 3years ago and life in the car department changed. The day after I drove his car I was so impressed with its perfamance that I ditched my 300+kw Holden at Jerry Claytons and drove out with a Red E39 528i Motorsport 5 speed manual! What a car!! I sold it to my business partner (Ford nut!) and brought a E39 540 which gave me the 8 cylinders that I was use to. Owned that for 2years then wanted a manual and last year came across the E34 M5 I have now. I spend alot of money on it to get it to the level I'm happy with and everything complete; however at the end of the day it still has 6 cylinders not 8! I want a V8 again!!!! If you're a V8 fan you know what I'm talking about!

For the record I'm not a car purist, I'm just an average guy who is passionate about cars! Just Love them! They're all the same to me, I don't mine if its not strickly a factory M5. Whats a genuine car these days any way? The moment you put on a personalised number plate or a new set of wheels or any modification however minor then its not genuine any more. (just my opinion).

In my previous life as a staunch Holden supporter, I've always spent lots of money enhancing & improving my cars looks and performance with all the nice bits I like and to get it to just how I want it. Then drive it and enjoy it and have others admire it as well. What more do you want?

I've just done exactly the same with my E34 M5. I am just a newbie to the BMW camp and don't know as much about them as you guys, but what I do know is there is a very special car For Sale on Trade Me.

Now I'm wanting to buy a 540. My first option will be a E34 540 manual. If not then an auto. Or the 540 E39 (simon?) manual or auto.

Hope this all makes sense -

Happy BMW chappy

Thankyou

Edited by squeaky

Welcome! Who did you buy it off if you don't mind me asking?

Awesome first post mate- i feel exactly the same way you do about 'original' cars. It isnt Aston Martin DP212, so people shouldnt be burning you for not having matching numbers!

Good luck with the sale, and on finding the hallowed V8!

Awesome first post mate- i feel exactly the same way you do about 'original' cars. It isnt Aston Martin DP212, so people shouldnt be burning you for not having matching numbers!

Good luck with the sale, and on finding the hallowed V8!

Thankyou for the support!

Hey my friend has an Audi V8 and is trying to talk me into buying one!

Might even take one for a spin!

Edited by squeaky

I may be blind & not sure if you have mentioned but...

Has this conversion been certified (ie. has LVVTA Cert Plate??).

As this has major insurance/legal implications if it hasn't....

Stunning looking E34 regardless!!! Ode for a disposable income :(

^ Looked at that...

Decided it was not really worth the time seeing as is not a 'real' M5

Stunning car nonetheless

Yeh, but for 10k you can't go wrong...

If it ends up staying at that price.

True. When I first spotted it, it was at 18,000 buy now with no bids..

Hadn't seen this auction :P

Maan, 6 hours to go.. and it's still sitting at 10k...

This is gonna be a steal at that price, I wish I had a bit more coin :unsure:

I like this car. Good luck with the sale, I wouldn't mind it myself!!