Sign in to follow this  
M3_guy

Is 402,000km too much for a E30 Bimmer?

Hi i've been looking for my 1st E30 and preferably E30 M325i or a 325i Touring but Is 402,000km on one too high km or is it okay, long as it had good service i guess. What goes wrong common on these things at that kind of milege and age 1986-1989

Cheers!

love the old black plates on it!! i guess if its had a rebuilt engin it would be sweet or a full service history.

That's a genuine motorsport! Even the rego comes back as a motorsport. THATS CHEAP! K's are irrelevant if everything is in good condition.

Judge it on its irl condition not its kays - go check it out.

Judge it on its irl condition not its kays - go check it out.

Cheers! I shall do that

But What would I be expected to pay for one such as this or What should I be paying?

My 325 at 300,000kms has a worn camshaft. Usually they require a rebuild around this stage.

I'm full of admiration for a car that in 400,000km has only failed its warrant once, 100,000km ago!

I'm full of admiration for a car that in 400,000km has only failed its warrant once, 100,000km ago!

Sorry but How did you know that?

search the plate on carjam......

If its genuine i'd pay 6 if its a bit rough, up to 8 if its tidy, rust free and has some service history. You would be wanting it to have had an engine rebuild at some stage, 400,000 is a lot even for an m20.

Has the 14inch wheels, not a fan at all, the 15's make a huge difference to the looks I feel personally... Still, looks very nice! That front end has definitely been repainted at some stage ha.

*actually dont quote me on the 14's. that shot from the front right looks like them, but another shot looks like the 15's. Might just have a monster profile on the tires...

Edited by Incary

I would expect a big discount on a car that well used.

I would expect a big discount on a car that well used.

Only problem with that is this is an auction, and you don't get discounts at an auction.

Thats a nice car, as long as everything looks fine when you check it out you should go for it! If you can hold out and find a touring for sale you should wait, they are well worth the effort of waiting.

Thats a nice car, as long as everything looks fine when you check it out you should go for it! If you can hold out and find a touring for sale you should wait, they are well worth the effort of waiting.

So you recon the Touring is better to get if there was a choice between this one and a touring? Hmmmm...... I know there is one for sale...

Saw this pop up on trade me yesterday. Starting price is good........wonder what the reserve is?

If the engine is poo's wouldnt you just drop a new one in?

Hope someone from here snaps it up!

IMO the touring is better! But that is entirely up to what you want the car for, and I am biased :P . I dont know of any for sale either unfortunately. You could see if rays one is still for sale?

[borat]Its naaiiiis[/borat]

It would be worth lookin into, if you are prepared to shell out the extra cash for a touring.

Hes not asking an arm and a leg. You'd be surprised. And seeing the condition he keeps his vehicles in. I'd say its top notch