Sign in to follow this  
tsamb

Hello all

Hi everyone,

I'm always keen to have a yack about cars and with what I own and what I'm interested in, this looks like the place to be.

I've been living up in Auckland for five years now, but I'm originally a Rotorua native.

My first BMW was a 1993 540i which I sold last year to someone (maybe on here?!) who got a great deal. It was getting on and I got sick of the stuff that was falling apart. I did love that car, though, and would have loved to have had the time, money and garage space to get it up to tip top shape.

With the money from the 540 sale, my own personal savings and a university graduation gift from my parents, I shelled out for a 2000 530i Motorsport. It was produced after September in '00, so it's actually got '01 model year specs, facelift etc.

I was actually in the market for an '01+ 330ci, but I found my 530 gem, only 38000km and in the best condition I have ever seen any used car. It is a Jap import, but it's fit as a fiddle and it has an aftermarket Arqray exhaust. (Nice tone!)

Sadly, I can't find any photos of my old E34 kicking around my hard drives, but for your pleasure here are a couple of the E39.

(Other beemers in the family: my dad drives an '01 740i, the very last of the E38s, spec'd to the teeth with niceities, sister drives an '03 3.0 X5. Same engine as mine, but very different torque curves.)

Ciao,

Sam

post-4385-1242810871_thumb.jpg

post-4385-1242810882_thumb.jpg

Welcome Sam, nice e39! Magic cars those.

Hey Sam,

Does this look familliar? http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....showtopic=22668 :-)

It has been an awesome car! but due to my Mate courtnay getting made redundant the car sadly has to go. he's pissed!!

I came out when he purchased it from you I had the 328i.

It has been a really good car over the last year. nothing has needed to be done just the odd service ect...

and a few little things/problems solved.

Your Msport looks even better in person really nice car.

Best shape 5 series IMO.

Welcome aboard mate. Vey nice E39 you got there, I recognise that plate too..

Heh, you recognise my plate? Where abouts have you seen it? I am living in downtown Auckland atm -- I see you're central, too.

Oh okay, Im sure I've seen it around, dont know where exactly just looks a little familiar. Got many plans for her?

Man oh man... plans. (If only I had the money!) Actually, my real plans are to save up for an '03 E39 M5.

But putting that aside...

No big plans at this stage. I gripe about the stereo (still jap specs), but I'm going to go see Brent tomorrow -- he may have an OEM pro system that will fit.

To be honest I am very happy with how the car is and performs as is.

I originally had never liked the E39 M Parallels and have always lusted after some genuine M5 shadow chrome parallels (preferably on an M5!) or some double spoke composites. The M Parallels are actually growing on me now, so I'll leave the wheels as is for a while.

The suspension and handling is great, not making any changes there any time soon.

I wouldn't mind getting some aftermarket rotors and calipers. That may be next on my list.

But first things first, I think my headliner needs to be made of sexy alcantara... heh. Lend a hand?

Man oh man... plans. (If only I had the money!) Actually, my real plans are to save up for an '03 E39 M5.

But putting that aside...

No big plans at this stage. I gripe about the stereo (still jap specs), but I'm going to go see Brent tomorrow -- he may have an OEM pro system that will fit.

To be honest I am very happy with how the car is and performs as is.

I originally had never liked the E39 M Parallels and have always lusted after some genuine M5 shadow chrome parallels (preferably on an M5!) or some double spoke composites. The M Parallels are actually growing on me now, so I'll leave the wheels as is for a while.

The suspension and handling is great, not making any changes there any time soon.

I wouldn't mind getting some aftermarket rotors and calipers. That may be next on my list.

But first things first, I think my headliner needs to be made of sexy alcantara... heh. Lend a hand?

Sounds good man, at least you got good taste in mods you do wanna do, yeah I can lend a hand, flick me a pm

Wow, I like it :)

One of my all time favorites is that model.

Welcome mate-looks great.

Another 5er on the team!!

what's wrong with the rotors & calipers on it at the moment?

Nothing's wrong with the rotors and calipers at the moment. As I say, I'm very happy with the car as is.

I have yet to put on full force braking in an emergency situation in this car (knock on wood.) In my E34, in the wet, on the way up to Paihia for New Year's Eve about four years ago, I was two cars behind a head on collision and I was very proud of the 540's stopping ability -- especially with three others in the car. My mate was in front of me in a near-new Commodore and he wasn't so lucky; the compact Jap in the collision on our side of the road spun back into his car and totalled it. The front airbags went off, but the only injury was a broken toe.

I've always had a thing for the aesthetics of aftermarket rotors and calipers. This might be a car that could them justice. And to add to that, the shorter your stopping distance the better.