Sign in to follow this  
Mark

BMW Dealer FAIL

haha look at the Carjam mileage history either the guy doing W.O.F. is dislestic or some full on tampering with the k's is going on

didn't know sedans came in 2door :) also what is it worth?

Bahahahahhaa good find.

haha look at the Carjam mileage history either the guy doing W.O.F. is dislestic or some full on tampering with the k's is going on

didn't know sedans came in 2door :) also what is it worth?

This car has a five digit odometer and some WoF inspectors will only put what is shown on the odo on the Wof, while others will show the invisible sixth digit. This accounts for a lot of discrepancies especially in older vehicles.

Looking closly at the Carjam it looks to have done 283,000km.

I can't believe Team McMillan got it wrong!!

Looking closly at the Carjam it looks to have done 283,000km.

I can't believe Team McMillan got it wrong!!

Eddy, Team McMillen haven't got it wrong at all.

They have clearly stated that it shows 83,913kms, and if you had read my previous post you will see that I said that this car has a five digit odometer and they MUST state what the odometer reads.

It probably has done 283,000 kms but the law regarding motor vehicle dealers states that you declare what is shown on the odometer.

It makes me wonder about the intelligence of some of the members here when all they can do is troll through Trade Me and look for mistakes and post them on this forum without thinking of a possible reason as to why a seller has said what he has, and why.

This last paragraph isn't directed at you Eddy.

Eddy, Team McMillen haven't got it wrong at all.

They have clearly stated that it shows 83,913kms, and if you had read my previous post you will see that I said that this car has a five digit odometer and they MUST state what the odometer reads.

It probably has done 283,000 kms but the law regarding motor vehicle dealers states that you declare what is shown on the odometer.

It makes me wonder about the intelligence of some of the members here when all they can do is troll through Trade Me and look for mistakes and post them on this forum without thinking of a possible reason as to why a seller has said what he has, and why.

This last paragraph isn't directed at you Eddy.

I think Eddys second comment was referring to them calling it an e21.

Fall out the wrong side of the bed this morning did we Brian?

Let me explain the joke: Team McMillan BMW (a flagship BMW franchise) lists a BMW 2002 on Trademe as a 1975 E21 318i. It's funny because a BMW dealer really should recognise a 2002 as a 2002 and not the E21 3 series model which followed it. Just goes to show that even the infallible car dealer can sometimes be (humourously) wrong. Get it? I did... I lol'ed... ROFL'ed even.... and then I posted it for the mild amusement of fellow Bimmersport members.

End of story (and ruination of joke, sorry all)

Chill out Brian!

I, like Mark, would hope that a BMW dealer (or any dealer) would know the difference between a 318i and a 2002. Went hunting for a new car with the old man today and shocked at some of the muppets franchise dealers are hiring - this includes BMW and Audi! Because of that, the lack of attention to detail in TradeMe listings doesn't surprise me.

Edited by Crockett

Haha, nice one TM. Yup, 99.9% of dealers know little more than finance options and profit margins. Disgusted in the overall lack of knowledge with car dealers, even huge dealers.

If I didn’t know what I was selling I would be screwed.

Anyone who can fog a mirror should have been able to notice the "2002" badge on the back.

For a BMW dealer its inexcusable.

By the way, BMW seem to consider the 2002 a saloon, so I don't blame them on that.

Surely they could've added a little more info that "Unleaded." as well, haha.

It might be the legal requirement but its still extraordanarily (damn,how do you spell that!!) deceptive in this instance dont you think.

PS: I dont think for a minute there is any deliberate intention to deceive here-just a muppet at work I fear. <_<