Sign in to follow this  
drifty325i

A VERY bad accedent

dont worry guys, the driver dosen't get hurt, the car is just a little dented, no biggie

DAMN! Thats not cool for school :mellow:

Reminds me of that rally video where a car wipes out a power pole and a whole crowd of people next to it, except they fly much higher than this..

sh*t happens. If you don't want to get hit, don't stand next to the tarmac.

Simple as that

Ouch.

Keep the bad-taste comments to yourselves please (one in particular I have removed - think before you type). What if those hit were you friends/family?

I feel sorry for the driver. Without knowing the details, you could assume that he was driving on a sanctioned track on an organised day. Crowd control isn't his responsibility and in that sport there are offs all the time. The responsibility lies with the organisers and to some degree the spectators.

I agree with you Graham re crowd control, however, I always used to go to the Manukau WRC superstage and stand at the end of the first straight at the sweeping left hander, and, several years ago the public (me included) could stand very close to the corner and get showered with gravel every time a car went through, but the barrier got further and further from the corner until we were kept so far away that you couldn't see the cars at all.

I'm all for crowd saftey, but PLEASE, don't sacrifice the thrill of being up close to the racing.

There has to be a happy medium.

Edited by C0SM0S

Been heavily discussed on the SNZ forum.

Drifting in NZ has never been this unsafe. Who ever organised that event should be prosecuted. Still not sure if there is any deaths. But there looks to be at least one.

We use to sit all around the track at Puke during D1 rounds. But always behind the barrier. Can no longer do that during rounds though. Its in the stand or not at all.

Have a watch of this vid. I took it many years back. See where the car reversed into the barrier and ripped it out? I was standing there 5 mins before that. Could have got owned.