Sign in to follow this  
E30-323ti

2x 'M' car sightings

1st, and the most horrific.

Crusing to Wgtn airport in the mother in-laws mini cooper through central wgtn and I spot a Red E36 M3, then everything went downhill, 1. It is a convertable 2. A woman is driving it (yes, with the top down) 3. the clincer, as most will know E36 M3's have staggered wheel setups, 7.5" wide fronts & 8.5" wide rears, well this one had the 8.5"s on the front and 7.5"s on the rear on the passengers side, OMG!!! Thank god they didn't make them in auto (well SMG can run as an Auto I guess).

2nd, Pitty it wasn't a Coupe.

Estorial (sp) blue M Roadster, mmmm, dish, mmmm

hmm estoril blue is hot....i saw a white e30 m3 driving....which i thought was pretty rare as you never see them actually driving

Down here i see an M3 nearly every day..

Either an E36 estorial blue, one of two black E46 M3, E46 grey M3, E46 red M3 E46 puke green/yellow M3... and very very rarely do i see one black M5 .. it looks minta !!!!

Edit: i forgot about the other E36 M3's,

few silvers, couple yellow, few blue.

Edited by aliluya

1st, and the most horrific.

Crusing to Wgtn airport in the mother in-laws mini cooper through central wgtn and I spot a Red E36 M3, then everything went downhill, 1. It is a convertable 2. A woman is driving it (yes, with the top down) 3. the clincer, as most will know E36 M3's have staggered wheel setups, 7.5" wide fronts & 8.5" wide rears, well this one had the 8.5"s on the front and 7.5"s on the rear on the passengers side, OMG!!! Thank god they didn't make them in auto (well SMG can run as an Auto I guess).

2nd, Pitty it wasn't a Coupe.

Estorial (sp) blue M Roadster, mmmm, dish, mmmm

I see that red convertible one all the time. Real Estate agent I think. Also see a E46 Schnitzer M3... Looks shithot, and the guy looks like he's in his late 20's, early 30's. Man, I want one of those...

oh.. and I saw a 360 Modena (I know it's not an M or a BMW for that matter :P ) yesterday down Oriental Parade with some big aftermarket wheels (really suited it). The colour was a bluey silver colour.. looked wicked.

Edited by Deftones

Yeah, I see that damned M3 vert on the Terrace a bit, Tane I also see that black M3 Schnitzer a fair bit aswell - that's one damn hot M3, I wonder what Schnitzer mods it's got, can't be too much you can do to an E46 M3 cosmos...

I think the nicest one I keep seeing is that brand new silver 750 Schnitzer, four bad ass peeshooters and some 19" dishes...premo looking pimp ride...

There a yellow E36 M3 and black E39 M5 on the Terrace, nearly everyday. I think the M5 has orange (tan?) leather interior, if its the one I'm thinking of. f**king mint.

e30 m3 are the only really rare ones in Auckland. I see at least a few e46s a day and there are heaps of e36s. Look i can see a four door e36 m3 now :lol:

Edited by m325i

Hmm, I got up in the morning and went into my garage and saw an Estoril Blue e36 M3... ;)

Sorry... :)

BTW, what's wrong with a cab' M3?

W@nker! :)

What do you mean "what is wrong with a cab' M3"

It's got no roof, what more needs to be wrong!!

There prolly isn't anything more pretentious than a M3 Convertable, "oh look at all my money, I bought a M3 convertable isn't it fab, Pitty I can drive for sh*t otherwise I'd be worried about what happens when it lands the wrong way up", not to mention the handling compromises, increased insurance costs. People buy them purely as a status (wank) symbol.

I bet 99% of the people that own one would drive it like a 318 cab, what a waste of an awesome engine.

Not really a fan of that ACS E46 M3, looks to fussy, slightly riced even.

Gimme a plain black one with red leather, and thats it!!

Gimme a plain black one with red leather, and thats it!!

Speaking of that ..

I saw a brand new Z4 that's black with either 18'' or 19'' rims on not too sure which one it is, with red interior, now that really was good looking, driven by a hot brunette too .... :mosh:

Guest Spargo

tsk tsk Glenn, do you say the same thing when you see an M powered 2dr, seeing as the 4dr chassis is stiffer and more rigid?

tsk tsk Glenn, do you say the same thing when you see an M powered 2dr, seeing as the 4dr chassis is stiffer and more rigid?

At least they are stiffer than not having a roof at all!!!

I've always thought 2 doors were stiffer than 4 doors, and lighter as well. And what model bimmer are we talking about here? Are 4 door normally stiffer or are bmw just different?

The Carrera GT has no roof...

but if you have one you dont need it because god already loves you.

Guest Spargo

I've always thought 2 doors were stiffer than 4 doors, and lighter as well. And what model bimmer are we talking about here? Are 4 door normally stiffer or are bmw just different?

The smaller doors, extremely stiff and perfectly loacted B pillar, might have something to do with it?

The E30 4dr is lighter than the 2dr.

The E36 sedan is stifer than the coupe. Case in point, they used it for the racing cars!

Guest Andrew

The smaller doors, extremely stiff and perfectly loacted B pillar, might have something to do with it?

The E30 4dr is lighter than the 2dr.

The E36 sedan is stifer than the coupe. Case in point, they used it for the racing cars!

ever 4 door manual has the weight of the car higher than the 2 door.

Any 4 door owners care for a weigh-off with my car?

ever 4 door manual has the weight of the car higher than the 2 door.

WTF??? Can you speak english please!

Are you trying to say that the 4dr's are heavier than the 2 door and that if no one believes you to have a weigh off???

Posted Image

E: Hehe, oh, I get it now...little light bulb just came on :blush:

Edited by ///Carl

WTF??? Can you speak english please!

Are you trying to say that the 4dr's are heavier than the 2 door and that if no one believes you to have a weigh off???

Posted Image

It read pretty well to me.

Andrew, no, I don't think I will challenge you to a 'weigh off' :D

Cheers

Guest Spargo

Spec for spec Andrew, the 4dr is lighter. Shocked me too.

Your car is like those anorexic twins on 60mins the other nite.

the weight would be lower on the chassis giving it a lower centre of gravity... possibly?

Guest Andrew

prove it - i'll scan in 2 e30 manuals of 325s.

prove it - i'll scan in 2 e30 manuals of 325s.
Yup, in the manual that I have, the 2 dr is 20kg's lighter than the 4 dr.

1180kg's vs 1200kg's.

Cheers