Sign in to follow this  
Apex

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Front on ok-do it myself.Rears suck!!! :angry:

The 540's are like fkg floodlights so gotta have consideration for other drivers.

I always drive with the fronts on, whenever i have my headlights on too...

What annoys me more is the people who refuse to turn theire headlights on until visibility is just over 100m, hence fully within the law... but you still cant see them!

Those people that truely believe the sole purpose of headlights is so that they can see where they are going, rather than being considerate and using them so that others can see their vehicle...

I was pulled over a year or so ago and told to turn my front fogs, (it was night), fair enough.

And yes rear fogs are just annoying.

I've never had a problem with people having fog lights on (I don't have them myself either) but HIDs drive me nuts at night sometimes

Fogs dont bother me, It's just those bluey white type headlights that are insanely bright piss me off.

Edit: Yes ^ haha, HIDs!

Edited by E30ONP

It pisses me off when i see people driving in the middle of the day with their lights on.

WHY?

It’s safe. It has been proven that you are 70% more visible with them on during the day, in a lot of European country’s its mandatory just like it is here for motorcyclists.

My missus worked for a French company and all there company vehicles are hard wired to have the head lights on as soon as the engine starts.

After studying up on it I now drive with my head lights on all the time, I figure if it it’s going to stop someone from raping my pride and joy with their Toyota Enema im all for it.

Front on ok-do it myself.Rears suck!!! :angry:

The 540's are like fkg floodlights so gotta have consideration for other drivers.

E39's have a f**king after burner of a rear Fog!

Was following a big brown dude in a 39 through Narawahia the other day and he had his on.. as well as a high vis vest! Captain safety! I passed him and he gave me that “yea boy I got a new BMW†look that a lot of fourth hand BMW drivers do :lol:

Drove the 325 to work this morning with front fogs on for absolutely no reason.  Just wanted to share  :D

I also detest foglights when there's no fog, rear fogs especially. The fronts just make it look like you're trying too hard.

Also my seating position in my e30 (thanks to MSNZ rules) is the perfect height to be dazzled by front fogs. It's unnecessary and unsafe. I completely agree with Graham.

P.S. I also drive with my lights on during the day, especially in the e30. Delphin Metallic seems to have a camouflage effect with highway tar.

So yes, I am a hater.

Front fogs are fine, they are aimed low to cut under the fog anyway and shouldnt shine in your eyes. HID's are sh*t, those motherf**kers are blinding from km's away even on low beam. Utes / 4wd's are even worse because they sit higher, especically if they are tailgating you, and especially if they have HID's!

I think alot of people dont even know they have rear fogs and dont even know they are turned on. Tho they are handy if someone is tailgating you (assholes in 4wd's / utes), or if you are backing up a driveway at night or somthing and need a bit of extra light.

While im talking about utes and 4wd's, why do most of them insist on trying to race up the kaimais, trying to pass every truck, when their vehicle is way too underpowered and moving the slightest bit faster than the truck and holding everyone up. Makes me rage getting stuck behind one trying to pass a truck when they should just sit behind the truck because they cant go much faster then the truck anyway!

Unless it’s foggy turn them off, this is really starting to piss me off the amount of Euro trash with these switched on at night. They are bright and very distracting more so if you suffer from pore eye sight like me.

Also, why must you drive with your front fogs on? Other road users think you are retarded and you look stupid. Is there an invisible fog that no one else can see? Maybe try your demister.

Would love to see the police start fining people for this instead of German plates and would also like to see the rear fog light switch removed so that bob the sales rep in his 2003 Mondeo wont switch them on.

Or to summarise the message:

"Please obey the road rules and operate your vehicle in accordance with the law"

Try retaliation the European way: keep flashing your high beams onto the car with his rear fog lights on (assuming no foggy conditions). Eventually he'll get the message and turn them off.

PS: fog around Hamilton can get so bad that fog lights are a must. But of course, only in fog.

Edited by jochen

Front fogs are fine, they are aimed low to cut under the fog anyway and shouldnt shine in your eyes.

Aimed????... Every POS that drives with them on (subarus, silvias, mitsis, e30s :D etc) never have had them aimed... Most haven't been aimed in at least 15 years! Especially if some tard has just "fitted this intercooler, yo"

Ever kerbed your spoiler? Then your f*ckin fogs are probably lookin for possums

I get the f*ckin things in my eyes all the time and I drive a friggin truck!

They are NOT cool, they make you look like a wannabe.. why not get neons while you're at it... tossas

Hate any fogs. unless it's actually foggy.

Can't wait for the cops to have a blitz on this.

That's just me tho.

[ controversial answer, haha! ]

Most people that drive with their fogs on are that f**ken blind they usually have their noses glued to the windscreen

[ they are usually the biggest tailgaters too ]

Fogs only operate on low beam so they annoy the car they are tailgating because they think they're being courteous while driving on low beam

They are all wankers. The cops shouldn't ticket them, they should suspend their licenses until they get their eyes checked

Did a quick google - Perfect for your post :)

Posted Image

Thats BS,

I leave myn on not because im to stupid to turn them off its because im to stupid to take off the stockings haha!

Drove the 325 to work this morning with front fogs on for absolutely no reason. Just wanted to share :D

Doug,you're a d*ck :P

Aimed????... Every POS that drives with them on (subarus, silvias, mitsis, e30s :D etc) never have had them aimed... Most haven't been aimed in at least 15 years! Especially if some tard has just "fitted this intercooler, yo"

Ever kerbed your spoiler? Then your f*ckin fogs are probably lookin for possums

I get the f*ckin things in my eyes all the time and I drive a friggin truck!

They are NOT cool, they make you look like a wannabe.. why not get neons while you're at it... tossas

Hate any fogs. unless it's actually foggy.

Can't wait for the cops to have a blitz on this.

That's just me tho.

Jesus calm down.

If they arent properly adjusted they shouldnt get a WoF, just like the low and high beam lights.

My e30 dosent even have any front fogs, I think e30's with front fogs look funny.

Edited by 320guy

Mine are aimed thanks to Glenn at BMW! Faild a WOF on them.

Jesus calm down.

Lol... I get that for spending hours on the road and copping it all the time

If they arent properly adjusted they shouldnt get a WoF, just like the low and high beam lights.

I can't honestly say I have ever seen any place check fogs for alignment and previous employment, I spent about 10 hours a week at VTNZ (*&*#^%%)

PROPER front fogs should not dazzle or annoy at all.They are a wide beam light and should be pointing low.This obviuosly escapes the attention of the f**kwits with commodores etc with DRIVING LIGHTS mounted in the fron bumper.I think proper fog lights are a BETTER alternanative to driving with headlights on in the day time.And for the recordi dont think we should make headlights on the stndard,as motorcyclists will lose the advantage they have in trying to gain conspicuity.zrear fog lights are good only in a real thick fog.

Jeez Graham, Get a life and get some glasses.

Sometimes its hard to tell if your ripping the piss.

I had so many issues getting a WOF with my front fog lights that I ended up putting black vinyl over them, no more fog lights, no more problems.

I too dont like rear ones when in clear conditions, and those new bright retarded headlights about.

I don't even know what rear fogs are, never noticed them. I did notice however that people in legacys are the worst for having their front fogs on during day, like yea im an adventurer type in my wagon cause ive got fogs woo hoo.

I don't even know what rear fogs are, never noticed them. I did notice however that people in legacys are the worst for having their front fogs on during day, like yea im an adventurer type in my wagon cause ive got fogs woo hoo.

rear fogs are at least as bright as brake lights.....the worst experience i had was following a peugot or renault for a while along a dark narrow windy road she had ALL her lights on.I honestly think people just put all the switches on.In the end i just pulled over and stopped for a few minutes.The lights were blindingly bright

AAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Front fogs are a f*ck off from time to time..............

BUT

Two Things

1. Police should be authorised to carry guns at all times.............

2. They should be given the right to shoot first & ask questions later with any f*ckwit that uses their rear foglights in anything other than foggy conditions.................

I would sleep easy knowing that each day the I.Q. level of road users is increasing due to the combination of natural selection and lead poisoning..........

Thats all I have to say about that.............

If you have your front fog lights on when it is not foggy. It is illegal. If you get a wanker cop like a mate of mine recently did. You will be fined.

What a joke. Someone drives around breaking the law and they think it is the cop who is the wanker hehe.

:D