Sign in to follow this  
Andre3000

Stroker or m52

Stroker or M52  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Best thing I can suggest is that you try and find either a written off, or cheap E36 328.

It will give you nearly all the parts you need for a much cheaper price.

Thats what I told him this arvo Tony... would be alot cheaper. Thats what I did when I did mine

To be honest. Thats way too much to spend for power gained.

I would just go the M20B28 route.

I have the M52B28 Crank, M20B25 rods. Then you just need some M20B25 pistons. A full engine gasket set. New bearings. And a ECU mod and tune by Gavin at Hi Velocity.

Then you have yourself a nice 2.8ltr. Tons of tourqe. As time goes by you can look at head work etc.

I think you have had tha same dream of a powerful E30 that we have all had at some stage. The problem is that you dont get a heck of alot of bang for buck in BMW's. Unless you go the turbo route.

Edited by driftit

M52B28 is the right choice, its a more modern motor with better everything than the M20

M52B28 is the right choice, its a more modern motor with better everything than the M20

4 X the price too <_<

Go M30, all the torque you'll ever need, pulls harder than a schoolboy.

Buy a manual E34, been 2 go lately for around $1000 to $1500 that I know of.

Will give you 170 plus rwhp as is, and a lot more if you try.

Solid reliable motor, look after it and it'll go forever.

My 2c.

I think you have had tha same dream of a powerful E30 that we have all had at some stage. The problem is that you dont get a heck of alot of bang for buck in BMW's. Unless you go the turbo route.

That was very well said.

having been in Riley 340i round ruapuna that's my benchmark for an actual fast E30.

To me it seems pointless to do and engine swap unless you can stump up with similar results.

Like it has been mentioned its going to to cost 10k to get that kind of performance.

If you are not going to do that and do it right you might as well do an M20 build like Drift it Suggested keep things simple and have a great car you can enjoy.

For some reason i always forget about the M30 conversion.

Now that is some good bang for buck. They look awesome in the engine bay too.

There is a few of these E30's around. Gavin from Hi Velocity is infact building one for the Open Class BMW race series. Rob from Bavarian has a sweet Turbo M30.

Do it.