Sign in to follow this  
DRTDVL

Insurance Cover

Hello one and all...

According to State Insurance New Zealand is not a safe place to live and prices for parts and other items has increased so they are increase the GF's insurance fee's... They actually told me over the phone that New Zealand is no longer a safe place to live.

Not only have they dropped the value of the 307 by $3,400 (from $18.9k (july last year) to $15.5K) but they have subsuquently increased the yearly preimum by $250. Spoken to Peugeot who sold us the car and they will do a valuation for around 18k if we wish as proof to the insurance companies. 

Now my obviuosly boy racer GF ( <_< ) is driving a heavy modified car... read: H&R springs, CAI, Tints, Stereo... She's being declined cover (qoutes) by some of the insurers out there as she's driving a modified car... 

So far 2 insurers have told us to go use NAC, as they are the only people covering modified vehicals... I find it really interesting that Vero who underwrite Classic Cover (who cover my racecar) will not insure it also... 

Who does everyone else use? Also am i wrong to thing that we are now starting (well have been) paying for the boy racers out there that have given people that slightly upgrade their cars a really bad name as they can now not distinuish between someone like my GF that is soo far from a boy racer it's not funny, and the local idiots... 

had the same issue with Pionneer insurance who was wanting to bump out my policy when i've made no claims etc and been with them for awhile.

I gave them a finger and gone to Tower who's given me a great deal.

Both my race-car and the suby (twin-turbo, 19year old driver :() are with NAC, theyre the only one that would take me..

AMI haven't given me any grief, I had the E30 turbo insured with them, that had a sh*t load of modifications

I'm with FMG which won't help you as they don't cover urban areas AFAIK.

If you're both over 25, I can't see why it's a problem. Talk to Swan and insure your racecar - they have a good rep for insuring motorsport vehicles, then add the others once you're a customer. I've heard they have excellent rates, pay out on claims, and even offer track day cover for a wee bit extra.

Im yet to tell my insurance company about the modifications, i need to get a full list of them first though

CLIC car Insurance (underwritten by AMI) I've had no problems at all.

0800 CAR LOVE (Not kidding - that's their number).

Im with NAC who charge the earth for a bit of insurance though are not overly concerned with mods more the replacement value of the car.

I have been with them for a few years as i was refused cover on my 1500cc pulsar. Oddly at the time lowered suspension, big bore exhaust and 17inch rims and stereo system did not worry the mainstream insurance companies, they refused insurance because it had tinted windows.

Im with the AA didnt think they would insure me but they did and they know about all the mods. i think its because i asked for a home and contence qoute aswell. only ended up taking it out on the car tho

According to State Insurance New Zealand is not a safe place to live and prices for parts and other items has increased so they are increase the GF's insurance fee's... They actually told me over the phone that New Zealand is no longer a safe place to live.

Well show them this...

New Zealand tops the worlds safest country list

Im with AMI, i got full insurance with all the extras, roadside, $10 dollar a day rental if my car gets stolen or whatever, as i needed it for work.

They arent too bad..

Besides the mod, how's her driving record like?

Interestingly, when I bought the e46 318Ti Compact last year, rang AMI told them everything (value of car, mod (none), where it park at night, etc...). Also told them my wife is the main driver and I drive the car on weekend only and I got quoted $9xx.

Next day my wife called AMI told them exactly the same thing and she got quoted $6xx.

Now that we just bought a 330Ci to replace the Compact and my wife was re-quoted for $7xx, so I didn't even bother calling to try.

If anyone know why this is, please enlighten me...

Edited by my_e36