Sign in to follow this  
Boost Junky

Mission M50 Turbo gets new Wheels

As some of you know a 5lug conversion was underway on my E30 project. Well over the weekend I sucesfully completed the coversion with the exception of the bad castor problem up front. Keep an eye out for my write up on this conversion ;)

Now having such a good selection of rims to choose from, I began the hunt for the perfect wheels for my E30 but was still not happy with what was available.

The ever so popular drift rim "Drifteks" crossed my mind and also the awesome looking dotcom racing wheels. I rang a local supplier and to my disappoinment they were only available in the Nissan stud pattern 5x144.3.

The salesman sugested that I run a wheel adaptor to convert from the BMW 5x120. to the 5x114., I was not that keen but he insisted I went down and had a look at the new Diezel D1R wheel he had on his shop wall which came in that stud pattern..

Posted Image

The moment I saw the rim, I knew that this was the set of rims which had to be fitted to my E30. I have only bought two sets of rims in the past and both times was never 100% happy with them due to lack of available rims to fit the donor cars stud patterns.

Finally I had fallen for a set of wheels that made me cream. I decided I may as well go all out with this new look and ordered a staggered fitment of Fronts 17x9 p35's and Rears 17x10 p35's. Fitting these was another story:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

BIG PROBLEM!............... but one I always knew would exist with trying to fit such wide rims under those poor small E30 guards! Which won't be existent for much longer.

I Have a very clever fabricator coming around later this evening to have a look at what he can do as far as cutting the existing guards off and welding a fresh pair of wider higher rear guards on. I would love to attack these myself with the new welder but would rather leave it to someone more experienced when it comes to body work such as this. The fronts may also need slight modification but are not near as bad.

John (FrantiC) suggested maybe lathe down the rear spacers as they are 25mm thick, however im happy with the track width its just the height that the car sits at in the rear which makes me want to spew, the guards are literally sitting on top of the rear tyres.

Any ideas or constructive criticism is welcome.

Luke

Dear god thats serious poking on the rear and especially the front!! With the (Serious) guard work you spoke of it will look amazing, at the moment its just to much......even for me!!

This thread has made my day. Looks amazing mate.

Can't wait to see it once the guard work has been done.

looks sick as, maybe you should just get rid of the guards all together and go single seater style :P

If I could shake your hand through the internet I would. Mainly because you have undertaken such a huge project and you have pretty much nailed it. Well done brother! Cant wait to see the finished result

:o Oh my lord!

Looks awesome. But maybe a tad too much for me!

Looks awesome!! :D :D *DROOL* :P

Whoa didnt expect such good replies cheers everyone! :D as for the few that say its a bit much for ya, I couldnt agree more especially as I get to see it in person. From the photos it doesnt look quite as bad but in real life it sits way to high and it looks a lil excesive but with some lower profile tyres and the guards sorted ut should look awesome I hope. Like James has been saying to me though too much flared guard can look a bit stupid too :rolleyes:

yea dont touch those curbs when parking etc, you wont be happy

yea dont touch those curbs when parking etc, you wont be happy

Too true Brent! Maybe I should upgrade to larger wing mirrors also haha :P

Too true Brent! Maybe I should upgrade to larger wing mirrors also haha :P

or get some of those wire feelers like used on old valiants etc

Thanks James ;)

Haha please do enlighten me Brent? Pretty sure I know what you mean though.

Edited by Boost Junky

LOL! That is awesomeness :D You know I might just have to take that one seriously, bring back an old style.

^^ thats what he means

Nice 57

Posted Image

Needs to be more OG tho

Looks awesome mate, I am with Riley though.

It's a tad too much for me (it sticking out that far).

With some guard work... omg it's gonna be amazing!!

Edited by crazyarab

New Plymouth wont know whats hit it Luke! Good on ya man looks super tuff

:bowdown:

Edit: i dont think my bowdown symbol came up. stupid comp. anyway you are the man....

Edited by SLAY

that RB 7 is badass pjay!!! Yea def gonna be down to how the guards are done i think aye, i want the wheels sitting well and truely tucked under without the guards looking too hideous. Yea most people here in NP are drifters Max so no doubt they gonna love it :P

Thanks slay B)

Edited by Boost Junky

* starts reading thread*

scrolls down

v

v

v

"Fu*K"

Haha words cannot describe this new bar you are setting.

Cant wait to be in the passengers seat sideways around a track with smoke pouring off those bad boys!

Big Big ups man!

:D