Sign in to follow this  
BMW POWER

1994 BMW 320i

Maybe shifting to Dunedin in the near future hmmmmm that would make 4.

DavNZ

Aliluya

BMW POWER

yb blu (New) M Coupe

Guest Andrew

still have a better turnout than any of the auckland meets lol :)

cause the majority of auckland members are gay and no one wants to deal with that sh*t

Good news.

Yesterday Mum & Dad got a new Pioneer head unit.

MOSFET 50w x 4 Out

ID3 TAG Support

Detachable face

6 Band memory for FM + more (can't be bothered writing)

Hmm price....

$350 down from $450

And

Its only single disk

But hey

Thats what MP3 is for aye ;):D 160 songs on one disk :D

Me thinks

Music ahhhhhhh.... :D The 10 stack didn't work when we got it. Pissed me off a bit.

What does everyone reckon of the 1 series? I've got a few mags about it , and what i can pick up is that its the "Best handling Beemer yet" Who thinks its true?

I've just got given 2 BMW jackets by my brother too, and two caps and a calander ... it's nice and warm ...

I'm gonna take a trip down to the BMW center here with him to see what else they have there ...

Sounds good

Um did i mention the jacket is a early b'day pressie? Ah well it is.

I must admit the BMW "Official Licenced" stuff is not as nice looking as the replicas. The Official stuff only has like one tiny logo and the replicas have heaps and are really well made.

Did you pick your bro up from Melbourne, Aliluya? Because i was reading in general and its said you were in Melbourne-- Or are you going to the Melbourne BMW place?

Oh well wherever you are have a good New Year - That goes for everyone too :D

Yeah i'm in Melbourne already ... Took a blast on his machine yesterday in the wet .. boy was that fun !!!! So much sideways action ...

Ooooooo... sounds like fun.

A while back i had a go in my big sis's 1970 sumthing Mitsi Lancer (Nicknamed "EVO") It was bright green, like REAL bright green.... It was funny cos we were going round in the paddock (with sheep in it) and they had an expression on there faces like WTF???? Yeah anyway the point of the story, there were a few drifts , a couple of tearings up of the paddock, a couple of stalls (yeah i know, i have learned abit now). Man those were the days. After that Danny (her BF) took me down to get some food from the shop and on the way there, there was this huge as gravel pit (the one i take my bike to) and he sort of had "one of those smiles" on his face and then all of a sudden we were in this huge donut , spinning round and round. Poor Mitsi, it got a bit of sh:t that day. :D

Really well its just they said its so complicated they thought they couldn't handle it Do you know Hamish and Ross?. Well of course you do.

Hi Emma,

You have to be very careful what you say on the internet as you never know who may read what you have typed onto a forum

As for you mentioning that they thought they (cooke Howlison BMW) could'nt handle fiber-optics, I think you will have misinterpreted what may have been said to you as ( and I think you are aware) Cooke howlison BMW have New Zealands best technician working for them (as awarded by BMW NZ) who also in a world wide competition , came 3rd ( thats the third best technician in the BMW world, right here in Dunedin) I'm sure Brian could tell the Germans a thing or two about fiber-optics so to sudgest that some one said they could'nt handle it is "most" likely to be incorrect i would say.

As for wanting to be a BMW technician your self, I wish you all the best & I'm sure you could do it . In this day & age, the more you know about the electronics side of things would be of great use at thats the way things are going as "control modules" are used for every thing in the new models & it is these that can cause the most, shall we say "interesting" problems when (not if) they go wrong.

I would also suggest as Ali has to talk to John Marsh one day & inform him of what your intensions are in regards to become a technician & ask what he would suggest you do to prepair for this ( keep it short & sweet with john)

Edited by vonripsnorter

Hi Emma,

You have to be very careful what you say on the internet as you never know who may read what you have typed onto a forum

As for you mentioning that they thought they (cooke Howlison BMW) could'nt handle fiber-optics, I think you will have misinterpreted what may have been said to you as ( and I think you are aware) Cooke howlison BMW have New Zealands best technician working for them (as awarded by BMW NZ) who also in a world wide competition , came 3rd ( thats the third best technician in the BMW world, right here in Dunedin) I'm sure Brian could tell the Germans  a thing or two about fiber-optics so to sudgest that some one said they could'nt handle it is "most" likely to be incorrect i would say.

As for wanting to be a BMW technician your self, I wish you all the best & I'm sure you could do it . In this day & age, the more you know about the electronics side of things would be of great use at thats the way things are going as "control modules" are used for every thing in the new models & it is these that can cause the most, shall we say "interesting" problems when (not if) they go wrong.

I would also suggest as Ali has to talk to John Marsh one day & inform him of what your intensions are in regards to become a technician & ask what he would suggest you do to prepair for this ( keep it short & sweet with john)

Hello there.

I'm sorry but as you might have read that now that is an extremely old post.

I was just a newbie who didn't know what i was talking about back then, now i am older and wiser i have come to realise that that was very much the wrong thing to say. I apologise fully to Cooke Howlison BMW for that and, well come to think of it what the hell was i thinking when i said that? I fully regret it.

Yes i have read about Brian ( i think in the BMW Magazine) going to Germany, but i didn't realise that he came 3rd in the world.. wow that is an excellent acheivement, and to have him right here in Dunedin is even better. I have also read about Gavin Brindle who was Apprentice of the year from Jerry Claytons, thats also an excellent acheivment.

Now comes the question, Do you work at Cooke Howlison?

I will edit my post, and full apologies i can not even beleive i wrote such a stupid thing :(

As for my becoming a Tecnician, i wrote a letter to BMW HQ NZ in request for a booklet from them about careers with BMW. I haven't recieved a reply, but that doesn't matter, i was told to talk to Ross Farquhar about it when i am 15.

Who is John Marsh?

Thanks.

Emma.

Edited by BMW POWER

John Marsh owns the whole of Cooke Howlison ltd

you find him in the end office nearest the road

the E39 looks like a nice one, they are better cars than a Jap import E36

John Marsh owns the whole of Cooke Howlison ltd

you find him in the end office nearest the road

the E39 looks like a nice one, they are better cars than a Jap import E36

Thanks for that, I will talk to him next time i'm at Cooke Howlison.

I read you other post in Maintenence, I'm not being snoopy or anything but what did you do at BMW, Were you a Technician?

Thanks for the compliment on the E39, it really does beat the E36, i love it.

Another double post, But could this please be deleted now because of its total irrelevance since the E39 has filled its space,

Thanks Mods

Emma.

Wow .. i was suprised you didn't know who john Marsh is.... BTW good luck just bumping into John and being able to have a chat with him ...

He is either not in the office, or he's really busy ... But still he's a really nice guy, even tho he is really busy he still says hi and asks if i'm being looked after to me every time he sees me .. I remember following him from uni all the way back to Cooke Howlison, and i asked if i could take some pictures of the John works mini that he was driving .. all he said was "do you wanna take it for a spin?" .... i was like sweet ..... and you know what .. because of that test drive mum and dad ended up buying a $61K car off Cooke Howlison... hahha ....

Another Dunedin member, good to see ... Also who are you vonripsnorter??

Would been keen to find out, do you work at Cooke Howlison? If so what is your real name we've probably met before.

Edited by aliluya

Guest Andrew

i'd love to see BMW employees making thier real names known on this forum.

Wow .. i was suprised you didn't know who john Marsh is.... BTW good luck just bumping into John and being able to have a chat with him ...

He is either not in the office, or he's really busy ... But still he's a really nice guy, even tho he is really busy he still says hi and asks if i'm being looked after to me every time he sees me ..  I remember following him from uni all the way back to Cooke Howlison, and i asked if i could take some pictures of the John works mini that he was driving .. all he said was "do you wanna take it for a spin?" .... i was like sweet ..... and you know what .. because of that test drive mum and dad ended up buying a $61K car off Cooke Howlison... hahha ....

Another Dunedin member, good to see ... Also who are you vonripsnorter??

Would been keen to find out, do you work at Cooke Howlison? If so what is your real name we've probably met before.

For the five years that I was involved with BMW.....

A quote from vonripsnorters other post. So he doesn't work at Cooke Howlison, he either worked there, or at a different dealer.

I think its Paul, The ex-parts manager from Cooke Howlison.

Edited by BMW POWER

Hey!!, Your spot on there Emma, Yes its Paul & Yes , of course we have met Aliluya!!

(infact, Ali, there was something you asked about , that I'm never sure if I told you about & that was the alloy pedal covers that are showen in the accessories catologe, that were not listed on the EPC , I contacted BMW head office for you who came back to me to say that in genuine form, these are only avaliable for left hand drive.

thinking about this, you could still use the pedal covers , just not the foot rest part of the kit. it was available ex Germany at a price which escapes me at the moment

If your wondering where I have gone, I'm now parts manager at the local Mercedes-benz dealership here in Dunedin, but thats another story :)

Edited by vonripsnorter

Oh man .. you shouldn't have left cooke's ...

The new guy there ... ugh ... i ask so many questions he doesn't know anything .. always has to get back to me .. and never does .. until the next time i go in there and i have to ask him did he inquire for me ... ugh ....

Put it in a not so nice term ... he seems a bit dumb ... i demand you to go back to cooke's ... hahahhahah ...

But with the pedals it has to be together to look nice .. heh ... oh well .. they shouldn't advertise it in the NZ parts book if they can't offer it to me .. ugh ...

We were supposed to finish the conversation on doing up my car .. hah ... oh well life goes on ..... they treat you better over at mercs ??

The new guy there ... ugh ... i ask so many questions he doesn't know anything .. always has to get back to me .. and never does .. until the next time i go in there and i have to ask him did he inquire for me ... ugh ....

Put it in a not so nice term ... he seems a bit dumb ... i demand you to go back to cooke's ... hahahhahah ...

But with the pedals it has to be together to look nice .. heh ... oh well .. they shouldn't advertise it in the NZ parts book if they can't offer it to me .. ugh ...

We were supposed to finish the conversation on doing up my car .. hah ... oh well life goes on ..... they treat you better over at mercs ??

Funny you say the things you do, I hear this from every one, I know for a fact that the sales & service depts at cookies would have me back anyday & that the new guy is shall we say "hard work"

thems the brakes

you should make it be knowen to Boyd , what you think of the new guy there, trust me, you wont be the first to have made a comment & if you tell boyd, he will go to John with your comments :)

infact, it would be interesting to see what you get told :)

unfortunatly the accessory brochures we get in NZ are a generic worldwide publication so there will be items in there that are not applicable to some markets & or cars .The worst brochure was the E65 as it showed all sorts of items but when you looked into many of them were only available as long as the car had been spected with various other items from the factory , many of which were not retro fittable, it was a bit of a pain, this mainly applied to anything electrical Edited by vonripsnorter

Funny you say the things you do, I hear this from every one, I know for a fact that the sales & service depts at cookies would have me back anyday & that the new guy is shall we say "hard work"

thems the brakes

you should make it be knowen to Boyd , what you think of the new guy there, trust me, you wont be the first to have made a comment & if you tell boyd, he will go to John with your comments :)

infact, it would be interesting to see what you get told :)

I think i might just write a letter direct to John Marsh, since he knows our family pretty well anyway ..

Would you ever go back to being the parts manager if you could ??

Hmm ... now to dig up my formal letter writting skills ... hah .. i don't think i have any .... anyone wanna gimmi a hand ???

Hey!!, Your spot on there Emma, Yes its Paul & Yes , of course we have met Aliluya!!

(infact, Ali, there was something you asked about , that I'm never sure if I told you about & that was the alloy pedal covers that are showen in the accessories catologe, that were not listed on the EPC , I contacted BMW head office for you who came back to me to say that in genuine form, these are only avaliable for left hand drive.

thinking about this, you could still use the pedal covers , just not the foot rest part of the kit. it was available ex Germany at a price which escapes me at the moment

If your wondering where I have gone, I'm now parts manager at the local Mercedes-benz dealership here in Dunedin, but thats another story :)

How ironic is that.. from BMW to Mercedes <_< you should have stayed at Cookies.

How did you find your way onto bimmersport?