Sign in to follow this  
jordyboy2

Beep at +3 degrees

Just wondering,

tonight while I was dropping a friend off in auckland,

My E46 beeped twice and then little screen (where you switch through the OBC functions) flashed, + 3 Degrees

Is this a programmable function left by a previous owner or a warning ?

Cheers

Jordan

It's the ice warning, standard feature

Means the outside temp has dropped to +3C and thus there is danger of ice on the road

Standard warning feature, cannot be disactivated.

even my 1986 e28 m535i does that .

haha mine did this for the first time ever the other day as well... I was like .. FFS now what .. then was pleasantly surprised.

haha mine did this for the first time ever the other day as well... I was like .. FFS now what .. then was pleasantly surprised.

I'm guessing it doesn't get driven much in the cold then. ;)

The Passat did this the other morning them told me it was frosty.  Also asked me to Please Refuel, so polite those germans

The Passat did this the other morning them told me it was frosty.  Also asked me to Please Refuel, so polite those germans

Please refuel? That'll be a first.

Other half said the E39 went down to - .5 this morning. In for lower tomorrow here too! :o

Yup mine did this a week ago and was first time i had seen it. I also thought oh great what now but after a quick read of the manual it said it will show up and beep at 3deg if temp is dropping. Also at that point the heaters in the windshield washer nozzles and the heaters in the mirrors come on. All i can say is nice :D

Yup mine did this a week ago and was first time i had seen it. I also thought oh great what now but after a quick read of the manual it said it will show up and beep at 3deg if temp is dropping. Also at that point the heaters in the windshield washer nozzles and the heaters in the mirrors come on. All i can say is nice :D

Is that all? Mine made me a hot chocolate and asked if I needed a blanket.

Is that all? Mine made me a hot chocolate and asked if I needed a blanket.

I hear the new model sends you a text in the morning to remind you to stay in bed, roll over and go back to sleep

I'm guessing it doesn't get driven much in the cold then. ;)

Gets driven plenty in the cold .. just AKL doesnt get that cold even at night. Everytime Im doing the winter holiday thing Im usually in the SI and hire cars.