Sign in to follow this  
Katalyst

TrustPower/CompassCommunications?

Am moving into a new house and was looking into different power suppliers aswell as isp and homeline suppliers

anybody use any of the lesser known ones??

trustpower

contact energy

compass communications

xnet

they look like they have some good deals but, would like to know what reliability and customer service is like

cheers

Been using Xnet (worldXchange) for over 2 years now and have only had a couple of "downtimes" that is no internet connection. Cheap as - good speeds etc

And I am at the oposite end of the country to their "home office" as well.

Just dont expect really good service from the "helpdesk" if you could call it that. Mostly Indian people on the other end of the phone line.

xnet is ok - it is the best value but their customer service is hopeless

Compass - customer service was so terrible, it was like dealing with another species they were so retarded. Never even ended up using them.

I heard somewhere Vodafone is doing an ADSL2 and phone line deal with 20GB/month data for $90 at the moment - pretty damn good deal ... the catch is the 24 month term but still good nonetheless.

I can't comment on the power companies

I use Compass for phone calls, use a pre paid card and its like .04c per min

Cue Pjay and telecom blurb

Ollies summed it up for me already.

Just make a choice, you really need to have your own experiences to make your mind up.

yeah have used many mainstream companies over the years and while gettin some good deals have always been shat on when time to move flats!

now that ive bought my 1st house im just trying to research it abit, to try and save abit of money without impacting me to much ie, laging or bad networks and slow responsless helpdesks.

and going with the tried and true companies dosnt always mean the best service either

was looking more towards some alternative companies because they seem abit more flexible in their plans as they are trying to compete, plus trust power for instance was doing a power/phone/broadband deal

but yeah that vodaphone deal is prety good, cheers for that il check it out

Anyone here with Woosh?

I use them and everything is TERRIBLE - internet is slow, phone calls keep getting dropped and the help desk is the epitome of useless!

What is the best value, but reliable, home phone and internet package? I only need one or two gigs a month.