Sign in to follow this  
jh15984

Angel Eye kit for E46

Hi guys,

Have any of E46 owners have angel eye kit installed?

I was going to buy and install it, but heard that they seem to go faulty after few months, (eg: one side of the ring doesn't light up etc)

If they do work great, what is the best "brand" (good bright, good quality, don't go faulty in few monthes etc) angel eye kit they have for E46?

thank you~

Jordy has them on his white E46. Not sure what brand he has thou.

Umnitza seem to be the most popular choice with the members on here. Think they have a lifetime warrenty which

is a bonus compared to the cheap ones on trade me. You pay a little bit more for them thou.

http://www.umnitza.com/

Jordy has them on his white E46. Not sure what brand he has thou.

Umnitza seem to be the most popular choice with the members on here. Think they have a lifetime warrenty which

is a bonus compared to the cheap ones on trade me. You pay a little bit more for them thou.

http://www.umnitza.com/

Thank you for the information~ will check the site ASAP~

Umnitza seem to be the most popular choice with the members on here.

Definitely not Brett! Only a couple people have them from memory.

I'm not going to comment. I could go on all day about angel eyes. Have a read of this thread HERE. Most if not all of the information relates to you.

Heres an install guide on and E46 M3. Bear in mind its American, so left hand drive.

Umnitza provide the best kit on the market... by far.

You shouldn't have any problems with decent kits, but I personally wouldn't trust/touch the ones on trade me. Cheap rings can have problems, mainly with the ballasts, although not the only problem.

Good Luck

Just out of interest how close would the inside workings of the e39 lights with angel eyes be to the e46 as I have still got my old ones when I did the light up grade to HID/ xenon if your interested.

Allan

Stay away from CCFL versions. The florecent ballast boxes with-in about 3 years die and in extreme cases catch fire. It just happened to me. Lucky mine didn't catch fire .. but melted the plastic CCFL angeleye inverter box totally out of shape.

I've just this weekend upgraded to 81 LED rings which run straight from the parklight circuit with minimal current drawn. The LED versions dont need a inverter box to run so a ton less to go wrong over time.

I removed my CCFL tubes from my p46 headlights and replaced them with the 81 LEDs with a bit of minor modification. If your lights dont have Angel eye 'grooves' you dont have dismantel them however they will sit off your headlights a tad.

Umnitza / Jlevistreetwerks etc have all started shifting to LED based lights.

MYCARR and RaceDash are the companies that produce pretty much all angel worth purchasing. Ebay ones are junk.

Stay away from CCFL versions. The florecent ballast boxes with-in about 3 years die and in extreme cases catch fire. It just happened to me. Lucky mine didn't catch fire .. but melted the plastic CCFL angeleye inverter box totally out of shape.

I've just this weekend upgraded to 81 LED rings which run straight from the parklight circuit with minimal current drawn. The LED versions dont need a inverter box to run so a ton less to go wrong over time.

So where did you get your ones from?

E46 fanatics is a great resource for anything e46 related, I suggest if your not already a member of it, jh15984 you should sign up. (If you do sign up just make sure you search before asking questions)

With regards to my angel eyes, they are CCFL I asked the guy who sourced them for me, he just said theyre from one of his regular suppliers, they cost me ~$300 I think

(the reason I got them through him and not sourced them myself is because I had a line of credit there)

In the future I will be upgrading to LED angel eyes probably from Umnitza / Jlevistreetwerks