Sign in to follow this  
deane30

Michael Schumacher = Stig

Some peopled theorise there's more than one Stig.

I reckon that was a stunt tbh.

There has been more than one.

Damon Hill etc etc

Might be to get publicity away from the case trying to supress the presenters salaries that went to court in the UK

Guest Simon*

On another note I see Ben Collins (another "real" Stig) is racing in the V8 Supercars in the near future

BBC couldn’t afford Michael Shumacher and he wouldn’t have the time to do the job anyway.

Downloading the 1st season 13 episode now. Looks good.

Downloading the 1st season 13 episode now. Looks good.

Likewise.

To be honest I've never really cared about who the Stig is, it's kinda a novelty that its kept a secret. But my guesses are the character is played by multiple race drivers.

I dont think the real stig is schumacher.

It would be cool, if the stig was that chick the guys always race with on the neurenburg circuit. i cant remember her name, just that she was a very good driver. it would be cool as everyone assumes that the stig is a guy.

Edited by Cress

Sabine Schmitz.

jared #3 10:49 am Jun 22 2009

the Stig is so Obama.

haha this comment is awesome!

Edited by SLAY

Who's seen the ep yet?

I thaught it was pretty good... Not saying anything else though.

Good ep... I think ferrari wanted him to be the stig as he's the only one they'd let drive the fxx ;)

Yeah, that's what I thaught, theres only 30 of these in the world... chances are that was his own FXX, surely they'd let him own one.

I've always assumed the Stig is played by a few different drivers, with who ever is available at the time filling in for the role. Which I still do..

Just seems too much of a stunt for schumacher to be the Stig.

Adds to the entertainment of it never the less!

Yeah, that's what I thaught, theres only 30 of these in the world... chances are that was his own FXX, surely they'd let him own one.

Im pretty sure it was his own,

Wiki

Top Gear Appearance

The black unstriped Ferrari FXX, owned by Michael Schumacher, was exhibited on the BBC's Top Gear show on 21 June 2009. The car completed the circuit in a record time of 1 minute 10.7 seconds, ostensibly beating the previous record of 1 minute 17.1 seconds previously held by a Gumpert Apollo S[4].

Schumacher's FXX differs from others in that it is the only black FXX without a stripe, it comes with red trim on the wheels, it has matte exhaust tips (regular FXX's have chrome tips), and his personal logo is stitched on the racing seats.

Edited by jordy

Awesome episode, download it if you haven't already guys. News section was particularly funny

Also, that time from the FXX was freakin amazing, wasn't expecting anything like that.

wow that fxx is quick! it's pretty much an F1 car from a few years ago, incredible!

My thoughts on the whole stig thing are ...

the stig is either a few different drivers - whoever is available like Mike-e34 said, or just a random non famous race car driver.

They clearly got michael on the show with his fxx and thought that while he was there thy'd pull this "he is the stig" stunt. Which is clearly not true if you pay attention at the end of the show.

So they threw away the celebraty lap and the F1 driver lap board then?

That FXX is awesome. The 3-way race is ok, but I gotta ask if old bikes are really that bad to ride? (I don't know much about bike I must admit)

They clearly got michael on the show with his fxx and thought that while he was there thy'd pull this "he is the stig" stunt. Which is clearly not true if you pay attention at the end of the show.

Exactly, it was all a big stir up, clearly to get attention for the new series.

Clearly it has worked!

I found the end rather funny though, and liked what Clarkson said.

Yes the FXX looses its time in second episode.

And and watch for the stig in the background of when the guys are checking insurance prices. Lol.