Sign in to follow this  
RMC

Anyone likes 7 series here?

Seems like most of ppl on the forum loves 3 series, hardly hear anyone discuss about 7 series....

Any big bimmer fans here?

I am a big fan of the E38 7 series. There are a few on here - Nino's one is prob the best example I know of.

I also love the E38. Just not a common vehicle hence not much discussion.

I also love the E38. Just not a common vehicle hence not much discussion.

Agreed.

I love them. Though one must remember they are a cruiser, not a sports car for obvious reasons.

There are a few people on here with them however.

Yep sure do. Almost bought an E66, till the report (and problems came out), same with the next, and the next... hence ended up settling for a W220!

I like the old E32's something about that shape see one on TM for $1650 that white one.

Considered a E38 but needed the extra space of the touring.

E32 750iL . nothing sounds quite like V12 start up .

orsome wall of continuious torque that just keeps on pulling

post-279-1246074123_thumb.jpg

post-279-1246074138_thumb.jpg

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

Yeah can't beat E32 750i for features you get and price you pay. Regret selling mine some days, V12 power.

Love em-wish I still had my 740il

E23, M88, 745i. Closest thing to an M7. Only 7 ever raced by the factory. Say no more.

post-1118-1246089356_thumb.jpg

post-1118-1246089474_thumb.jpg

Edited by Silver Fox

Yep sure do. Almost bought an E66, till the report (and problems came out), same with the next, and the next... hence ended up settling for a W220!

Just notice that you own a lexus es300....How s the car?

I always want one of these and ppl told me after driving it you would never want to drive a mercedes again...Is that true?

Edited by RMC

E23, M88, 745i. Closest thing to an M7. Only 7 ever raced by the factory. Say no more.

post-1118-1246089356_thumb.jpg

post-1118-1246089474_thumb.jpg

Has M7 ever been released? Have never seen one in my life.

From Wiki,

A different 745i was built for the South Africa market, because the turbocharger on the European-market 745i could not be installed in right-hand-drive versions of the car due to space restrictions in the engine bay (in RHD configuration, the steering shaft occupied the space where the turbocharger/exhaust was located on LHD versions). This car was fitted with the 286 hp (213 kW) dual-camshaft 24-valve type-M88 /3 Motorsport engine (with a Bosch ML-Jetronic fuel injection system) as used in the M635i, and M5. 209 of these cars were built between 1984 and 1986, fitted with either an automatic transmission or a 5-speed 'sport' gearbox. Of the 209 cars built 192 were automatics and 17 were fitted with manual gearboxes.

BMW South Africa ran one of these 745i models in Class A of the South African Modified Saloon Car Championship, the only BMW-Sanctioned motor sport application in the history of BMW 7-series cars.

I have one of these.

Edited by Silver Fox

is yours manual? do you have any pics?

Edited by Togate

Auto at the moment, but I have a conversion for it. It's still in storage, hope to pick it up in a week or so, will post some pics then.

they look like this

post-279-1246130963_thumb.jpg

post-279-1246130990_thumb.jpg

post-279-1246131039_thumb.jpg

post-279-1246131056_thumb.jpg

Just notice that you own a lexus es300....How s the car?

I always want one of these and ppl told me after driving it you would never want to drive a mercedes again...Is that true?

Value for money +10.

Features +10.

Bonus points for the fact that it's a jap car.

In terms of handling and braking my old facelift E39 buries it (the ES300).

My current 2004 S class (in terms of features, handling, turning and braking) leaves both the ES300 and the facelift E39 in the dust.

But then again this may not be a fair comparison because I'm comparing the flagship Mercedes vehicle to the entry level Lexus one, so maybe it would be better to compare it to a C class merc.

E32 750i is like my dream car hahhaha, I want to get one really bad but haven't seen any decent examples come up for a while, and they've usually done 200billion k's.

One day..

Also second car I ever owned was a e32 735i which I loved to bits.

When they're working they are just so nice!

If anyone knows where to start looking for a nice 750i e32 and tips etc on what to look for please pm me!

Edited by JBimmer

I like the old E32's something about that shape see one on TM for $1650 that white one.

Considered a E38 but needed the extra space of the touring.

Was goin' to go check out the white one on TM but now they have upped the price by 2K, what the hell are some people thinkin'.

Had an E38 740i that has been slutted through a few forums members. Awesome cruiser and heaps of options.

Love the 7 series. got a E23 735i. Rides like a dream

I actually love the E66. Sat in a 760iL and fell in love. Would so have one as a daily.

yea the 735 is mint...very comfortable,have quite a few mates that own them!nice cars (thumbs up) :rolleyes: