Sign in to follow this  
Sammy J

E30 iS front lips

God I lust over iS lips, wonder how easy it would be to throw one of these on a PFL :D

Not sure if I am doing the PM correctly so I will put a question here for you Sam. Would you be willing to swap a lip for a MTech1 front. It is scratched on the bottom and has a small corner broken off but is good besides that. Let me know what you think. Email me at tyr262@hotmail.com or give me a text or ring on 0273332944.

Cheers,

Rob

God I lust over iS lips, wonder how easy it would be to throw one of these on a PFL :D

Would look a bit high and poo. The PFL front valence is tiny compared to the FL.

You could chop off your tow hooks and bolt on a FL front though :D (looks a bit weird with the high as rear valence)

^ Think I will keep my rangi home made as holesawed job for the mo, wont be long till I break another one :ph34r:

Not sure if I am doing the PM correctly so I will put a question here for you Sam. Would you be willing to swap a lip for a MTech1 front. It is scratched on the bottom and has a small corner broken off but is good besides that. Let me know what you think. Email me at tyr262@hotmail.com or give me a text or ring on 0273332944.

Cheers,

Rob

Sorry mate i have a facelift car and have no real use for a tech one front. Tech two and itd be a done deal however.

Hi guys just checking that there is no interest in these anymore??

Hi guys just checking that there is no interest in these anymore??

Same as usual, people put their names forward, then don't follow through.

It's a huge shame because people that do these group buys (Or in this case make spoilers) are put off. Myself for one have pretty much given up. Good on you man for making these, look a bloody nice lip as well.

Id be keen if I could guarantee the quality and fitment.

I really want a genuine one and have bought and sold them for around the price being asked here. So 200 notes for a fibreglass copy of unknown quality is a bit of a risk to be honest. I dont mean to bag SammyJ for doing a great job in getting them done, but Id rather hang on and get a real one for not a lot more if I can.

If they were in Wellington and I could do a trial fitment to alleviate my fears the situation might be different, but can we assume from SammyJ's post that there are alot of people in this thread who have said they would be keen who have suddenly gone very quiet?

From my understanding of is lips is that it would replace the normal black lip you already have, but from the pictures it looks like it clips onto the normal lip ? is this right?

Same as usual, people put their names forward, then don't follow through.

I think SammyJ and Nick021 should Name and shame so we can all see the Memebrs not keeping to their word!

^ +1

As someone who has done a group buy, Im also not a fan of the people that act all keen and then suddenly dissappear of the face of the earth without a word. It would be nice if you either A. didnt show interest to start with or B. At least let someone know in due course that you wont be following through with the purchase before you have to be chased up.

Come on people, show some respect for the people that are helping out in this community!

I always keep my word, just poor atm. Be able to pay mid next week

Are you happy to make these on a "to order" basis? EG someone orders, pays, you make then ship? As I would be so KEEN as to buy one but I just wont have $200 to just flick away straight away - will have to wait until I sell my Inspire. So do you do that? Make to Order? Let me know if you, and I will PM you when I got the $$.

Q:1: how thick are they? I assume, as they are f'glass, if you hit the ground a tad hard or whatever it will just smash it - just like a f'glass b/k?

Q:2: in the photos, is that attached to the factory lip? If thats so, can the f'glass lip be attached to the clips for the factory lip? As my lip is gone (guttered as cos it was on there when I got the car then a week later it was gone) - dont wanna buy another lip just so I can fit this? :unsure:

Cheers

Shady

Edited by Shady

Yep it is rather frustrating when there was i think 10+ people interesting so i do the running around and organizing of it thinking that i would at least be able to recover my costs (which is not looking good) where as i could have just fitted it and been happy with it. I figured since i have been looking for one for a while now and having missed out on the last due to a technicality here on B.S that i would see if there was interest in a fiberglass one. Oh well.

Yes if there is a few numbers i can "make to order"as this is easier for everyone on my end.

So if i can have a confirmed list of people that want one by next Thursday the 20th i will have some made if the numbers are sufficient.

The lip replaces the black plastic lip on the cars factory it doesnt go on the black lip.

Edited by Sammy J

Take more pics Sammy showing how well it fits. I know it fits perfectly because I've seen it and it's top quality stuff.

I will stick with a Pre f/l Mtech 1 though :D

looks great sam, too bad about the time wasters.. if we still had the pre face lift, i'd tell dad to get one.. but i can't get rid of the bbs kit. but looks like it fits really good! i'm very impressed!

Its $210 each? And are they made to clip straight on or do we have to make our own clips? Have you got a photo of the lip that shows how they clip on? Not sure if I'd have $210 by that date, as I need $ to buy other things that are more important but if I manage to sell some crap before that date & save the $ I'd definitely buy one.

How much would freight cost though? That would also be a big deal for me.

Its $210 each? And are they made to clip straight on or do we have to make our own clips? Have you got a photo of the lip that shows how they clip on? Not sure if I'd have $210 by that date, as I need $ to buy other things that are more important but if I manage to sell some crap before that date & save the $ I'd definitely buy one.

How much would freight cost though? That would also be a big deal for me.

you literally just pull your old little black front lip off and push the iS lip onto the clips which held the black old one on. It would take 3 seconds.

hi guys,

Shipping is $40 anywhere in the north Island.

Sorry its taken so long i have been really busy with study etc.

Any more takers?

Guest FrantiC

I could be keen will these fit a pre facelift though?

No they don't, they only fit the facelift valance where the stock one clips into.

That's not to say you couldn't make it fit,..

Sorry guys but nothings happening here until i at least get 4 confirmed lips. Any less it doesn't cover costs.

This happened last time i had a few people keen then all backed out.

If there are GENUINE people interested then i will look at sorting this again. Price will still be the same

Thanks

Sam

Edited by Sammy J