Sign in to follow this  
hamiltonjapan

Fed ex vs Regular Post

B) If you're ordering something of the NET, which would you choose?

1* Fex ex. Fast and reliable but hellishly expensive. Maybe same as order price.

2* Regular sea mail. Slow as, but cheap. Could get nicked along the way but insured nontheless.

Would like some feed back, but anyways. Looking forward to your reply.

Cheers.

post-2-1105984184.jpg

Edited by hamiltonjapan

Doesn't a regular air-mail also exist? It's not Fedex or UPS (basically a courier service) but still using airplane. When the goods arrive in NZ it gets delivered by Courier Post.

free plug for work.

so you work there?

hook a bimmersport up yall!!

personally i dont mind paying a bit extra..to get the item in the nex few days

..got some stuff from the states..took like 4 days..stoked!!..quicker than Auckland - seriously

but to be given a choice is all good

it depends on when you want it really.

every two months i order stuff from the states. i find that they are all the same except for DHL. Where the difference with DHL is that it arrives in a DHL van not a NZ courier van. Fed ex is also the most expensive, where you will wait another two days maybe and UPS will come. Or you can order US ground. this is by far the slowest and cheapest. It will take about 3months for the package to come.

It cost me to import a intake manifold $US25 to ship this way and its arriving today.

mind you, you say why didnt you buy one from the wrecker? because it would have cost me $300 for the manifold here, but import one form the states for $NZ100 incl post. do the math and see why.

i got my front indicators sent from the states, $80NZ and they took around 2 weeks : /

not cool

If you can offer a choice.

I imported a headunit and they wanted $90US to ship it over, or it was free to the US. So I had them send it to someone over in the states who sent it to me for about $40NZ just using the USPS airmail. I reckon that would be the best method, takes about 1 - 2 weeks at about a quarter of the cost of UPS or fed-ex etc

Big ups to UPS

they were awesome.

I had a cheque sent over from the states and I wasn't home when they tried to deliver it, I had to be in AKL the next day and they sent it up overnight so I could get it there at the airport. after checking if any of their staff lived out my way to see if they could drop it off.

very impressed

Ok well i want to import a muffler from the states. But they say $100Us screw that man. So how should i tell them to ship? I am happy paying $50-$80nz but i dont want to be waiting 3 months id be happy with 3 weeks tho

most freight is calculated on the overall size of the package. my guess is usps will be your only choice(given you dont want to pay 100).I got a set of mtb forks with usps,took about 6-7 weeks cost 35 us i think.