Sign in to follow this  
tyr262

Nice little E30 as first car.

Just discovered Bimmersport and glad to find others out there who are as enthusiastic about BMW's as myself. I got an 1988 E30 316i/4 at the beginning of last year. The model with the nice big clock on the instrument cluster. Racing red in colour. Accidently crashed it middle of last year but got it patched up again and she still goes strong. Currently it is sitting on lower springs but hope to raise it back to standard height as soon as funds allow. Will try get some pictures up soon.

Sounds nice, can't wait to see pics :)

E30's are teh best :)

Hey mate welcome to bimmersport. I had a e30 316i as my first car too, red also and I crashed it...except I wrote mine off and it wasn't exactly standard haha. Hope you enjoy the forum and your sweet 316i :D

welcome, only the most badass cars come with clocks in the instrument cluster :P

Sounds nice, can't wait to see pics :)

E30's are teh best :)

Have small problem with computer sooftware so might be a little while before I have those pictures up.

welcome, only the most badass cars come with clocks in the instrument cluster :P

The clock certainly raises a few questions. People first reckon you idle at 3000 and then they finally click that it is a clock. It is great.

Hey mate welcome to bimmersport. I had a e30 316i as my first car too, red also and I crashed it...except I wrote mine off and it wasn't exactly standard haha. Hope you enjoy the forum and your sweet 316i :D

The forum is great. My 316i wont be so very standard much longer though. I got a MTech 2 spoiler coming for it shortly. Should look great with that on there. The proper bodykit will come shortly after that as soon as the car is back to proper height. I don't feel like scraping it every time I go over a bit of a bump.

^ I have some 40mm 4 cylinder lowering springs if you want a slightly higher 'lowered' look. Good stuff on the mods its addictive

A Tech 1 (cheaper) or Tech 2 steering wheel would be a good buy to smarten up the interior. Also you might be able to find some centre caps for your wheels on ebay or trademe or here.

Looks smart

Welcome

dean

A Tech 1 (cheaper) or Tech 2 steering wheel would be a good buy to smarten up the interior. Also you might be able to find some centre caps for your wheels on ebay or trademe or here.

Looks smart

Welcome

dean

I have been looking for centre caps. Cannot find them anywhere except on a car parked up at work. Stealing is not in my line of work though so I hope that I can find some on here.

try the dealers if all else fails for some new ones.

ride height looks ok...unless you're using 'compresed' springs

try the dealers if all else fails for some new ones.

ride height looks ok...unless you're using 'compresed' springs

Tried the dealers. They only know of the 15in centre caps. Ride height looks normal but parked up next to a standard E30 you can easily see it is lowered. Previous owner lowered it. Not sure about what it has under it. Shocks are going on it so will replace sprngs when I get around to doing the shocks.

I have some caps and some replica caps at work. If you can give me the measurements I will see if ours match up

cheers

Jono

Nice car, if you ever want to sell give me a yell. 316i's are pretty mint, I have an 89 Coupe... did it come with the wheels?

Nice car, if you ever want to sell give me a yell. 316i's are pretty mint, I have an 89 Coupe... did it come with the wheels?

Yeah it came with the wheels. The only way I want to part with this car is if it gets wrecked beyond recognition. But, if I somehow get persuaded to sell it, I will keep you in mind.

I have some caps and some replica caps at work. If you can give me the measurements I will see if ours match up

cheers

Jono

Very rough measurements: outer diameter is about 150mm and diameter of black locking ring is about 60mm. Hope this helps. I have no proper measuring tools at home. If you want it slightly more accurate give a yell.

Thanks a lot.

Some pictures of what I am looking for.

post-4571-1247267718_thumb.jpg

post-4571-1247267732_thumb.jpg

post-4571-1247267745_thumb.jpg

Dude, that's really damn tidy, good work :) Oooh, and it's got foglights...

Same rims as me :)

Dude, that's really damn tidy, good work :) Oooh, and it's got foglights...

Same rims as me :)

Foggies are aftermarket. I got them put in when after I crashed it last year. Minor electrical problem with them at the moment: one works and they are acting like parks instead of fogs.

thats a really tidy little car. the ride height is good IMO. model plane on dash FTW

English is not my first language and at work we deal with millions of acronymns, so could someone explain to me what FTW stands for. Cheers.

There is a little model plane on the dash. It is a Junkers 87 Stuka divebomber. It sits there for a reason. If I go around a corner too fast it tips on a wingtip. So, whenever it tips onto a wing I know I am driving too hard!

So, whenever it tips onto a wing I know I am driving too hard!

Hitting the ditch usually tells me that.

Welcome

Haha to right!

Welcome to bimmersport mate. Another nice little 4 pot E30, look after her!

go the analog dash clocks!