Sign in to follow this  
Quinn

Hello Bimmersport members!

Hello guys,

I have finally signed up and am looking forward to learning and sharing BMW knowledge. I have a 1985 E28 525i M which after being owned since new blew its auto box last year and was sold for $400 and received a Toyota 1JZ-GTE motor and box before it fell into my lap. Since I have owned it I have up-rated the suspension with bilstein shocks and Vogtland springs, re-modified the exhaust (was to low) and replaced the standard 14" wheels with 17" (later model BMW) and new rubber. My plans next are to up-rate the brakes, fit a latter model rear subframe (with the dog-bone links), replace all the bushes, larger sway bars and fit the M style body kit I have for it. I hope you guys can help me with some of my plans and I look forward to helping in any way I can.

Cheers

Quinn

Edited by Quinn

Welcome mate sounds like a nice setup! post up some picks

2JZ powered E28 sounds badass,

Pics pics pics.

I will when I get back on my computer, where is the best place to post them, on this thread or should I put them in the gallery. It is a really nice install, I didn't do it so cant take credit but the motor and box are an easy install and with 280hp from factory it pulls nice and hard. I have bigger plans for the motor but firstly I need to get the car to stop and turn nicely...

good work .

have those bits waiting here for you when you are ready

cheers brent.

post pics in this section

Welcome to bimmersport mate. The car sounds nice, would be great to see some pics. I have a soft spot for E28's

Cheers Brent I will be contacting you as I get funds for each project (first ones the brakes, hopefully next week). Ok here goes my attempt at posting pics, the car still looks pretty standard (part of the attraction for me), I haven't taken any pics since lowering her and getting the 17s. Will do this weekend.

The install:

post-4576-1247564870_thumb.jpg

How I got her:

post-4576-1247565788_thumb.jpg

Trying on 16s:

post-4576-1247565213_thumb.jpg

Trying on 18s:

post-4576-1247565273_thumb.jpg

OMG mint, Whats the colour called? Same colour as my E30.

Did it come with the 2JZ already in it? They seem quite expensive motors.. I want one..

OMG mint, Whats the colour called? Same colour as my E30.

Did it come with the 2JZ already in it? They seem quite expensive motors.. I want one..

Ah not sure on the color name, off the top of my head I think its metalicblau but there are a few different BMW blues from that year. The paintwork is nice from far but far from nice and once I get everything else sorted I'll fit my M body kit and get it painted black or dark gray. As I said earlier the conversion was done by the previous owner. These motors aren't that expensive, about $1500 for complete motor/box and loom but its the fitting that is expensive.

Pretty sure mines the same as that, That's cool.

I've been watching TM for a month or so now & haven't been able to find one for that low, yet.

Thinking maybe a 1JZ will be cheaper now..

Awesome E28 though, Very nice Posted Image

Pretty sure mines the same as that, That's cool.

I've been watching TM for a month or so now & haven't been able to find one for that low, yet.

Thinking maybe a 1JZ will be cheaper now..

Awesome E28 though, Very nice Posted Image

Ring Dodsons on the north shore, they import Japanese parts in bulk. Thats where this motor came from. You will find the 1jz is a lot more expensive being the 3ltr and all.

Your car is a 1JZ, the 2JZ is a 3.0… Noob :P

Welcome to Bimmersport.

Saw that on trademe, Bloody nice setup!

Welcome to Bimmersport.

Your car is a 1JZ, the 2JZ is a 3.0… Noob :P

Welcome to Bimmersport.

Snap! Ha ha yea cheers, helps if I'm not posting at midnight after a long day :wacko: ... It is a nice setup and full credit to the previous owner for the work he did. Still I have spent twice what I paid for it fixing the important stuff (handling and stopping) and will spend close to that again fixing all the little hickups that come with a japanese motor in a german car. Moral of the story; if you think you have saved your self all the hard work by buying a car with a transplant, think again, getting the motor in is just the tip of the iceberg...

Note: I am a fussy bastard who wants everything to function as it should ie heater, dash display etc which doesn't help.

Cheers Brent I will be contacting you as I get funds for each project (first ones the brakes, hopefully next week). Ok here goes my attempt at posting pics, the car still looks pretty standard (part of the attraction for me), I haven't taken any pics since lowering her and getting the 17s. Will do this weekend.

The install:

post-4576-1247564870_thumb.jpg

the colour of the car is on the sticker on the strut tower just behind the air cleaner.. Edited by kiwi535

the colour of the car is on the sticker on the strut tower just behind the air cleaner..

Yea I know, just can't remember what it is exactly and not to interested as it will be changing in the next 6 months (funds permitting).