Sign in to follow this  
|ncary

Formula 1 on tonight

Huge news:

Renault have been banned from F1 untill the end of 2011.

May as well read the full story here

Quote from your link -

". The World Motor Sport Council will only activate this disqualification if Renault F1 is found guilty of a comparable breach during that time."

They arent disqualified till the end of 2011 at all, The disqualifiaction will only be imposed if they re-offend.

Its such a joke. Mclaren had a few drawings of a Ferrari and they got a $100m fine and Renault endanger the lives of marshalls, drivers and spectators and get away scot free. Thats not fair anyway you look at it

LOL, sorry dudes, was a bit excited I think. Looks like they will be racing on Sunday then :D

I thought it was a pretty fair sentence before this realisation. But now it's a joke!

Ohhhhhhh.

Ummm.

formula 1 on tonight... Bit late I think. Already 10 laps in.

HAMILTON!

Screw it. Missed the race today. Suzuka is an amazing track. guts.

I watch f1 every now and then but if i'm honest with myself I find it boring. I'm interested to know what exactly you are looking at that gets you interested?

I watched superbikes the other day though, that was awesome. On the Isle of Mann.

Most of it is boring. I watch the way they move the steering wheel, listen to the throttle control and memorise pitting tactics :D Those are all very interesting.

Edited by Incary

Another season will soon be upon us, I'll be doing a nice little article about it on AutomotiveAxis if anyone is interested. Might do it tonight.

But on a much better note. I'm f**king going to the Melbourne GP c**ts. HAHAHA!

Won free tickets to Aus last month, and buying tickets to the Sunday Race once Studylink hits me with dosh.

post-1573-1266181636.jpg

im really liking the Lotus, looks nice :)

Posted Image

Also from the latest testing

Unofficial Saturday times from Jerez:

1. Lewis Hamilton, McLaren, 1:19.583, 113 Laps

2. Adrian Sutil, Force India, 1:20.180, 84 Laps

3. Rubens Barrichello, Williams, 1:20.341, 90 Laps

4. Robert Kubica, Renault, 1:20.358, 86 Laps

5. Michael Schumacher, Mercedes GP, 1:20.613, 84 Laps

6. Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull, 1:21.203, 90 Laps

7. Felipe Massa, Ferrari, 1:21.486, 160 Laps

8. Pedro de la Rosa, BMW Sauber, 1:22.134, 105 Laps

9. Lucas di Grassi, Virgin, 1:22.912, 63 Laps

10. Jaime Alguersuari, Toro Rosso, 1:24.072, 98 Laps

Edited by Jamez

im really liking the Lotus, looks nice :)

Posted Image

I do have a soft spot for the British Racing Green (for obvious reasons) but I would have preferred the black and gold colour scheme from the old Lotus JPS cars - ahh childhood memories.

I do have a soft spot for the British Racing Green (for obvious reasons) but I would have preferred the black and gold colour scheme from the old Lotus JPS cars - ahh childhood memories.

I think they need to loose the yellow lip on the rims to make it look just that little bit better. The Virgin car looks awesome.

It looks like Ferrari, Mclaren, Mercedes and Red Bull are all going to be at the front and Sauber might be the surprise package with Kobyashi who impressed me alot during the final two races of last season. Its still hard to tell whats realy going on with the times in testing because each car can be carrying upto 160kg of fuel

All the cars look fantastic except for the Sauber. Hideous.

I quite like it in an angular stealth bomber kind of way.

Justin tv is always good.

Guest Ari Gold

Good to see Cosworth there to make up the numbers :D

P17 to P22. They must be over the moon

Justin tv is always good.

Okay, can someone teach the noob where in justin tv will the race be shown? How do I find it? Is it under sport? I see obviously it's not up yet - but does it get streamed automatically when it starts?

All the cars look fantastic except for the Sauber. Hideous.

Ever since Bernie Ecclestone started messing with the rules trying to bridge the gap of Ferraris domination in the early to mid 00's the cars have gotten ugly, but they are def starting to look better.

Hey does anyone know how much bandwidth a 3-5 hour race would use?...during the NFL season i was eating into mine like crazy.

The race last night was so boring! The new rules regarding fuel are stupid and so is the rule that makes the teams use two different tyre compounds during the race. There were only about two passing monouvers for position during the whole race

Yes, the race was sh*t. It's one of the worst tracks I think, sandy like a beach off-line, and just too long. We'll start to see some better action once more teams develop the cars more, Ferrari and Redbull sure have winners already... (apart from spark death on the redbull)

The Mclaren looked resonably quick in race trim. The Red Bull is ment to be one off the worst cars for tyre wear so it could cost them on certain tracks