Sign in to follow this  
Mark

My E30 = FAIL.

Looks like you are down in Heathcote somewhere... Annoying place to get towed from! Loving that brake dust from the track day :D

I'm going to guess a minor electrical problem to do with the engine

Just noticed the front suspension loaded up from the winch tension. That'd be a sweet height if I lowered it. :D

Not minor electrical problem Henry, but car is (was) in Heathcote... keep guessing.

Im guessing you spat a rod? or your head gasket went

Wow, what a cynical lot of BMW enthusiasts you all are.... wasn't anything as bad as the above! :D

Not sure 100% yet what it is. But mechanic thinks it's the secondary lifter pump in the fuel tank. Car got low on fuel, was parked on a hill and just wouldn't fire. Apparently it's been like this for ages and the shards of crap from the lifter pump shitting itself may have been what caused my main pump to get noisy and have to be replaced initially.

AA paid for the tow thankfully, would've been pissed if I paid to have it towed and then learned I just needed to fill it with enough petrol for the main pump to start sucking it up!

I was wrong lol. Is Graham your mechanic? it sounds like something he would say.

Flat tire?

[edit] too late, *smacks head*

Edited by BEEMIR

I'm surprised no one said to check your dizzy cap.

Glad to here its nothing to major.

There is another track day this Saturday if your interested and its done by then.

Mark-you're just a biiiig tease.

Flat tire?

[edit] too late, *smacks head*

I LOL'ed

Graham's on to it Riley.... he knows his stuff.

There is another track day this Saturday if your interested and its done by then.

Im going to that track day mate might see you there.

Graham sure does no his e30s!

Oh and Mark remember your pocket knife ive still got it

Believe me; dizzy cap was the first thing I checked! :rolleyes:

You participating in the track day on Saturday Jed? I won't have enough $$$ after repairs are done. May try and make the one in August. Do you have details of that one? PM me if so. Cheers!

At least someone didn't piss in your petrol tank! :lol:

Hey the fuel pump uses electricmical jolts and is almost semi directly connected to the engine. I win!

At least someone didn't piss in your petrol tank! :lol:

For trucks sake.

Carspot told me that.

GOSH.

Well, I got the car back, then the next thing you know it's leaking a nice amount of 95 octane all over the driveway. So... back on another tow truck and this time fuel was leaking out the top of the sender to the fuel gauge. Weird. I guess it's a case of if you replace one thing, the next thing in the chain can't handle it and breaks as well!

Car is back now and apart from a minor mishap with the mechanics not screwing my fuel cap on properly and it pissing fuel all over central Christchurch (!!!) - it seems to be going well (fingers crossed, knock on wood etc).

Nice thats good news in a round about way mate. I spotted your car parked up near the town hall, looked good!!

If it makes you feel any better, my water pump went when i was at about Moeraki on the way back home from Dunedin on Sunday. It took me 16hrs to get to Chch, got there at 2.30am, and my cars still there (safely).

Have to go back this weekend (from Greymouth) to fix it, and get it going again.

Dont want to think what its going to cost all up.

But thats just E30 ownership.

O, and would I have seen your car on Washbourne Rd, by Wigram aerodrome, on wednesday night? Was getting a ride home in my mates truck lol.

At least you got a free tow. When I blew my car up it was about 5k on the Auckland side of Huntly and I needed to get it to Hamilton. AA paid the first $40 and I paid other $250 to get it to Hamilton at 11pm at night. Ghey.