Sign in to follow this  
martyyn

318is project

Ive had it a couple of days now and since its been a cracking day in Wellington it was a chance to get the interior cleaned out. Owner with dogs who vomit down the sides of seats shouldnt be allowed to live :(

Anyway the interior is still in pieces so I took the chance to stick the Alpina rear spoiler on....so what do people think ?

Standard spoiler...

post-116-1247963190_thumb.jpg post-116-1247963200_thumb.jpg

Or Alpina spoiler. I think it really needs to be painted as well to have a proper idea of it and the corner nut is broken so I had to hold it down for the photo. Someone feel free to PS it silver....

post-116-1247963208_thumb.jpg post-116-1247963216_thumb.jpg post-116-1247963225_thumb.jpg post-116-1247963232_thumb.jpg

It looks a lot better in person and I think it will look better once painted. Its a lot chunkier than the standard item, but I find the standard one a little 'weak' if you know what I mean. I love the tech1 spoiler though, so perhaps I should just look for one of those.

Still looking for an 'is' front if anyone knows of one.....Or even an Alpina front ;)

Edited by Penry

Whoa the Alpina spoiler is quite large!! I like it though. Paint and an is lip will make it look more even front to rear. Nice one

But then it just wouldn't be an e30 iS, they look so purty as a totally standard car.

Then again, the Alpina might look better painted.

Some proper photos now to start this thread off.

Spent the whole of last weekend with the interior out cleaning the carpets of all sorts of 'stuff' some of which Id never seen before. Shampoo'd the seats, got all the dog hair out of the rear shelf and headliner, cleaned the dash, centre console etc and fixed a few little things thanks to Ians magic garage of BMW bits and pieces.

The exterior still needs a clean and the engine bay is filthy with sand covering everything. But so far Ive only had the TM photos, so hopefully these will show it a little better. I still cant believe how good it is to drive and I still cant believe how little I paid for it :D

Tech1 rear wing is on the way (Im not convinced by the Alpina one), Im trying to find a spare 14' cap and an 'is' lip.

I was thinking of what else I could do but in the end it only needs a couple of things to be back to standard so thats what Im going to do.

post-116-1248481353_thumb.jpg post-116-1248481366_thumb.jpg post-116-1248481377_thumb.jpg

post-116-1248481389_thumb.jpg post-116-1248481399_thumb.jpg post-116-1248481412_thumb.jpg

post-116-1248481421_thumb.jpg post-116-1248481433_thumb.jpg post-116-1248481445_thumb.jpg

post-116-1248481455_thumb.jpg post-116-1248481465_thumb.jpg post-116-1248481475_thumb.jpg

Edited by Penry

I love e30 318iS'sss

Is that in Karori?

I reckon you should keep in standard

Northland. I reckon I can get away with a tech1 rear wing, because it has a tech1 steering wheel and gear knob

Isn't the spoiler currently on the car a Tech I? Looks exactly the same as mine, except your is colour-coded. :wacko:

Houndstooth sport seats.... ...bastard!

^^Not houndstooth... tartan

This = houndstooth:

Posted Image

Still... they are great seats. Good job on cleaning the interior, I've had to clean an interior covered in dog hair and dog spit before, took forever and the smell never did come out properly.

Beauty, thanks Brent. Ive just picked one up for a tenner off ebay, but I could have these as spares they are like rocking horse poo at the moment.

Sorry Bravo, not houndstooth, but Mark has already put you right :)

Mark, get the turtlewax Oxy shampoo (called something like that) brilliant stuff for getting all sorts of stains out and the car smells nice again.

Hi, Id be interested in buying the other two center caps. Let me know a price. Cheers martyyn (94 ) 4:33 pm, Tue 28 Jul

$100 each 4:43 pm, Tue 28 Jul

MEGALOLZ!

Looks nice Martyn. iS's are something special.

I have 1 but the BMW logo has worn off.

Pretty sure its for an E30 weave

I just went and had a look at mine as i have 2 sets of caps and found out they're different.

One set screw into the face and the other are attached with a single screw. What sort do you require?

I need the BBS version which pushes on and then has the centre piece which screws in to lock it.

Ever considered putting a complete MTech 2 kit like the M325i on your new car?

I need the BBS version which pushes on and then has the centre piece which screws in to lock it.

I thought you might, sorry mate cant help you then.

Ever considered putting a complete MTech 2 kit like the M325i on your new car?

Doing so, to me would remove it from being an iS and just make it another Tech II e30.

I have Boris yes, but the cost just wouldnt be worth it. Plus I think it would be worth much more simply left alone.

Ill put a tech1 rear wing on and find an 'is' front lip and leave it as that I think.

"Forgive him Father for the sin(s) of bastardising what will become one of BMW's land-mark cars in the immediate future."

Yeah, Martyn I will get you that list of mechanical tweaks, far better spending your hard earned money on them "for you to know and others to find out."

Hey.... That spoiler looks a lot like... Mine?

but it's a little bigger.