Sign in to follow this  
chompa

blown e34

Hi there,

while away on our ski'n adventure we had some trouble!

Turns out the radiator we had was brittle and the top hose mount snapped on the bumpy ski access sending fluid everywhere! pulling over straight away wasnt quick enough to save her as the head has gone.

Now wanting to know how much a replacement engine should set me back incl shipping to dunedin and also how much a m30b35 and box is to see if i could justify a upgrade.

i understand as i have the m50 motor some minor loom adjustments would be needed for upgrade?

would love it if the engine was as complete as possible as i would be attemping transplant myself for the most part and arnt the most knowledgable..

thanks heaps! i would love to get this girl back on the road in the next 6 months or so as it wil be dependant on funds! im a student :(

liam

Hay mate

depenant on who you got it from the m30b35 goes from $500 - $1500 as usuall and depending if you wanted auto or manual, depends on cost -

shipping is normally around 100 - 300 for it on a pallet maybe bit more with gearbox, i would go on a hunt cause i know that there is properly few around christchurch and in peoples sheds lolz,

i did a engine transplant found quite easy just make sure you find all the wires first before going and copping etc away,

i had to jimmy my tacho and and few other wires as i got lost in the mess it goes so thats good enough for me

CHeers

kym

Hi there,

while away on our ski'n adventure we had some trouble!

Turns out the radiator we had was brittle and the top hose mount snapped on the bumpy ski access sending fluid everywhere! pulling over straight away wasnt quick enough to save her as the head has gone.

Now wanting to know how much a replacement engine should set me back incl shipping to dunedin and also how much a m30b35 and box is to see if i could justify a upgrade.

i understand as i have the m50 motor some minor loom adjustments would be needed for upgrade?

would love it if the engine was as complete as possible as i would be attemping transplant myself for the most part and arnt the most knowledgable..

thanks heaps! i would love to get this girl back on the road in the next 6 months or so as it wil be dependant on funds! im a student :(

liam

why on earth would you go from M50 to M30??

Edited by BMWTouring

is yours auto or manual now . what size engine 2l or 2.5l

might be better just to swap std engine in , and sell it on than try and convert to something else unless you get it cheap and can do all the work yourself etc .

3.5l engines go from a $500-1500 but a manual gearbox kit will set up back a lot more than a auto to match .

might bette to go to a M52 328i engine with a manual .

up to you .

ps. i have some std m50 2l and 2.5L vanos engines .

from e36 etc .

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

why on earth would you go from M50 to M30??

good point, 20 extra HP doesnt seem worth the hassle for a older engine...

is yours auto or manual now . what size engine 2l or 2.5l

might be better just to swap std engine in , and sell it on than try and convert to something else unless you get it cheap and can do all the work yourself etc .

3.5l engines go from a $500-1500 but a manual gearbox kit will set up back a lot more than a auto to match .

might bette to go to a M52 328i engine with a manual .

up to you .

ps. i have some std m50 2l and 2.5L vanos engines .

from e36 etc .

its a auto and 2.5L,

im really looking for a simple conversion that wont need much (if any) modifications. something that can just be dropped in and away.

does going from m50 to m52 fit this? would it just be a case of different engine mounts? how much modification does the loom need coz i couldnt do this myself?...

and a 2.5L m50 from a e36 is alloy right? but the same block?

what do you recommend? i would love to get abit more power out of her but also get it back on the road soon and are limited by lack of funds atm!

Thanks heaps!

Liam

To fit all your criteria ie: lack of funds etc. I suggest you just replace the engine with exactly whats in there now.

is it a vanos or non vanos m50 engine ?

is it a vanos or non vanos m50 engine ?

not sure? i believe its a non vanos because its a 1992?

not sure? i believe its a non vanos because its a 1992?

vanos has a buldge in the front edge of the rocker cover .

non vanos does not .

i have some good vanos M50 2.5L engines ,if needed

if its not i can supply with ecu etc to run it

post-279-1248122435_thumb.jpg

post-279-1248122470_thumb.jpg

cant confirm yet as car not with me til the end of the week but that sounds good.

can you get me a price so i know what im dealing with? incl shipping etc if you can? would like it intact as much as possible with the bolts ons incl so i have less i could potentially stuff up. i could ship old engine/bolts on's on back to you if wanted?

is there alot more work needed to fit a alloy m52?

Thanks mate,

liam

vanos has a buldge in the front edge of the rocker cover .

non vanos does not .

i have some good vanos M50 2.5L engines ,if needed

if its not i can supply with ecu etc to run it

if you have a vanos M50 might not be too hard , maybe able to use your loom ecu (reprogrammed etc) to suit .

but if you have a non vanos might not quite a few bits .

will pm you