Sign in to follow this  
Golfboy666GTI

How rare are NZ new E30 Tourings?

Ive seen a few floating around TM of late but came across a NZ new 1989 320 Auto Touring parked behind my office today. It looked like a real work horse, full of tools and wood, the paint is flat but the body seems straightish.

Whats something like this worth (done 300,000 odd kms)?

And how rare are NZ new Tourings?

there are few rocking around.

you should ask yourself how often you see one, should be enough to tell you if they are rare. :P

a rough one with that sort of ks, i would think less the ~5k mark

I would say for that example 1800- 2500 max? Well that is what IIII would pay. maybe other people value them

Rare

Have asked this question before, and from what I can gather not many at all, I think the concept of a $80,000 wagon with a hatch back sized payload obviously wasn’t appealing in NZ in 1988 and 1989, the share market crash wouldn’t have sweetened the deal either. Isis’s and the BMW car club 320i are the only NZ wagons I have seen and our cars were all the same factory spec, from what I can remember the Touring was offered in two models, the 320i SE and 325I SE, all options were available on order.

I paid a lot for mine because it was NZ new and had the Genuine Tech-II kit, weaves and a lot of other niceties.. What they are worth and what someone will pay are two different things, in a saturated market one would be worth only slightly more than its sedan/coupe counterpart, but in the likes of Australia or America one could go for three times the price.

I know what mines worth because I have had lots of serious offers on it.

Edited by Apex

I would say for that example 1800- 2500 max?

Kidding right?? :unsure:

Apex has pretty much summed it up.. Rare

I also paid alot for mine, partly because there were no other wagons for sale at the time and because it is a factory 325i Manual. But unfortunately its a UK import.

There have definitely been a few around for sale at the moment. But they will get snapped up and the touring market will be quiet again for a few months

Edited by SIR E30

I know of a rough one that went for $2000 a couple of months ago, it does happen.

Have seen the car that Nick is talking about and I would agree that $2000 is max its pretty poked

a crappy red 318i wagon went for bout 1500 up here a few years ago- not exactly the dark ages either, e30s were the same price then as now!

This is easy. Kiwi new Tech II M Sport`s, Cabriolets and tourings seem to exist in roughly equal numbers.

At times I`ve owned a few at once. About a year or two ago it was the Apex touring, Hellbm touring and the `92 318 man. touring.

I can think of several customers with them outside of Bimmersport. So not to rare just yet. They seem to stay with the owners for longer than standard E30`s and sell pretty quickly when they come on the market.

Not to rare then, would love to know the numbers.

2K sounds a bargain but to get one tidy all-round takes a lot of money, mine was tidy enough when I got it but has still chewed up nearly 10k in two years on restorfying and maintenance.

Offer the guy 2k and spend 5-7K giving it a freshen up, drive it around for a couple of years and sell it for 10k easy.

There are plenty of us out there that would happily pay a premium for something special.

Have seen the car that Nick is talking about and I would agree that $2000 is max its pretty poked

I think it would come up ok with some TLC Doug, if it was a manual I would have made him an offer, do have a manual box sitting at home though . . .

Theres an Alpina Touring for sale here in Dunedin. Used to belong to the former chairman of BMWCC down here (you know who you are :P). If i see it around I'll catch the phone number for anyone who's keen?