Sign in to follow this  
simke

Car cellphone ban likely this year

Meh, finding the button to activate the handsfree, looking for the contact you plan to dial, dialling a number, checking the caller ID first, or looking for your bluetooth headset and putting it on is just as bad. None of which the proposed law would address.

I use my ph for voice calls all the time in the car. Often its the only time I have free to make certain lengthy calls. I'll just be buying a bluetooth headset and nothing will change. In other words, unless its an outright ban, all its going to do is cost people money to comply with the law, but not fix the perceived problem.

As the article says, texting and driving is a no-brainer.

Banning cellphone use will not address the problem unless its a total ban.

handsfree with a voice command setup is what i'll be doing... 90% of phones can do this now...

Usually you have to press a button before the ph will accept a voice command. Only 1 button compared to many, but you still have to look at/for the ph to push the button.

Usually you have to press a button before the ph will accept a voice command. Only 1 button compared to many, but you still have to look at/for the ph to push the button.

You can usually push the answer on the handsfree kit and and talk... so you don't need to hunt for the phone....

I've got a motorolla one and the parents have the blueant ones and they work the same way...

the good ones will tell you who is calling and are all voice comand so you answer by saying ""accept"" or similar. They will also work with voice dialing which is activated from the car kit.

I text at a red light at the traffic lights. If I'm driving, I usually get my passenger to text for me.

I don't recieve many phone calls. Unless they're from my mum.

If I'm by myself. I usually wait till I stop. Keeps the people texting me waiting. :D

Eating a hot Pie is 10X more dangerous than a Cell Phone while driving

Eating a hot Pie is 10X more dangerous than a Cell Phone while driving

Or dropping a ciggerette between your legs.

Or dropping a ciggerette between your legs.

Or having your partner... getting carried away I think.

I think the issue is those who pay stuff all attention to driving anyway, and then they pick up the pone making them oblivious to anything happening around them. Unlikely to be anyone on here, as i'm sure you all payplenty of attention to driving your pride and joy, but i had a neighbour with a mini once... lets just say she was so distracted normally, that with a cellphone to her ear she became a complete and total nightmare!

X2. My Brother penetrated (nearly used the ra.. word) a Ford Fairlane with his Honda Integra whilst easting a Cornish pasty.

Bluetooth is awesome, can get a decent Bluetooth head deck for cheap as these days.