Sign in to follow this  
grantdavis28

e30 M3

Wonder what happened to the leather drivers seat?

Wonder what happened to the leather drivers seat?

Previous owner probably was an avid track fan and did not want to feel like he was on a slip and slide?

I know my old leather seats were shocking on the track, would have given and arm and a leg for the alacantra/cloth alternative.

MMMM

I am wondering why things are so clean and shiny underneath (rear end shocks etc) and the scratching on the wheel cover

This car has been up on TradeMe a few times now over a couple of months, price has dropped from $30k+ down to $20k. If I remember correctly it is a fresh Jap import, which is partly why so clean underneath - from the MAF inspect and clean possibly.

Photos have been the same each time, so not sure whether they are current. Previously there was a picture of the rust - it was in one of the rear guards, just in front of the wheel arch.

I'm just wondering whether it is possible to get this car road-registered, it's always been listed under Competition Cars, not general cars and may explain the difficulty in selling plus the price drops.

Can someone have a look at this for me?

Im quite keen to know what the extent of rust is, and what it would take to become road legal again.

how much would a new guard be for one of these? I take it a few thousand.

Rust must be pretty bad tho because if it was a easy fix surley the importer would fix it

Can someone have a look at this for me?

Im quite keen to know what the extent of rust is, and what it would take to become road legal again.

Sure man, I am going to check it out as soon as he replies to my message...

Never seen an E30 M3 in the flesh (excluding race cars) :o

Edited by crazyarab

Just got a reply from the seller, he is not selling through TradeMe now, putting into Turners auction on 15th August due to "high level of interest in the car, including from overseas"??

Wasn't very clear on answering my questions though, rust is in rear quarter - could be anywhere, no response on what else it would need for complying!

The car is interesting. It has a few things that didn't quite sit well with me such as the filled in sunroof and the recaro seat. If you gave it the time and effort (and money) it could be a sweet ride. Haven't driven it though.

Garry Cliff is a no nonense guy to. A good man to deal with - he wont bullshit you about the car which is a change from most dealers/sellers.

Cheers Dylan, i'm guessing you got to view the car. How bad was the rust? Where was it? Any more info would be appreciated to see if I fly down to CHCH on the 15th (if it goes into the auction - not listed yet...)

Im spending a few nights in christchurch next week so i can have a look at this puppy. You never know, if the price is right, i could be the proud owner of an e30 m3 by the end of next week..... :D

edit: *excited giggle*

Edited by André3000

just saw this car at turners, looks amazing on the outside, paint seems fine, but didnt have a look underneath.

definatly stood out and was right up the front of showroom

André3000: looks like you could be in... everyone that looked at it seemed to be tyre kickers :D

Edited by Wervie67

If any of you boys end up coming down to chch, make sure to yell out and we will catch up. I will be going to the auction anyhow just to see what happens :P

Fingers crossed! Im down on the afternoon of the 13th. Gna sample christchurch's "drinking problem" first hand on sat.

edit: fark yes we have to catch up Atta; i most definitely wanna see your e30 in the flesh

Edited by André3000

depending on what car i have will dictate where the s54 goes :ph34r:

I suspect he has not had it fixed as there are a few requirements:

If the car has not been registered in New Zealand before it will require a full compliance check.

Just for repairing the rust it will require a repair certification ($500 fee) from a registered repair certifier. They will need to see the car before the repairs are done, and again before the work is painted over.

You will also need to pay for the inspection itself ($500 fee) + any other work it requires.

Laurence

Spotted this RHD E30 M3 at Turners in Chch.

Looks cheap enough at $21,500 - $22,500 but seems like it has a few issues.

Has anyone had a look at it?

Guest Simon*

This is the one we've been discussing from TM. Have been waiting for it to appear at Turners

Will merge this thread with the old. Good catch Jeremy

Passed in at auction $18,300 one bidder.

The bidder wasn't you was it Paul? I know you are a big fan of 4 bangers!

Interesting it never reached reserve, and the price it was passed in at. Sign of the times I suppose.

Interesting. My apologies I didn't get back to everyone sooner, my PC has been out with a virus. A shame the car was passed in, I would have liked to see it with an owner, but Im not siprised at 18k they still fetch a bit even with rust. Hell, its better than the black rust box on TM at the moment