Sign in to follow this  
Avenged.SSE

Scratches?

Hiya, well I was lucky enough to have some bastard key my car! I have gone to a car painter and he said I should repaint all the panels affected ($900). The scratch is pretty deep (I really wish I could find out who did it so I could set their car alight). Anyways, what do you guys recommend? I really don't want to spend $900 fixing up the scratch, any other options?

Gr,

Hate people doing this, so uncalled for. Keying

Someone has done the same to myn.

Theres really no easy fix unfortunately , depending on the depth of the scratch it may have to be sanded right back or even filled to get rid of it before a re spray can go on.

if you have insurance you will prob pay a 1000$ excess but you can take the car to the best painter available and get a mint job.

or option two would be to ask around and see if any panel beater/ painters are looking for Cash work. In these times theres a few out there willing so you might be able to get a bit of a discount.

Its a pain, Had it happen on my old e30 a few years ago aswel. Jealous pricks or something.

I've got two keys in mine and unfortunately one looks really deep so means a full sand back by the looks, absolutely gutting to have happen, I too would love to cut some balls off the offensive people.

Bastards. I have heard of full vehicle resprays after one key incident (due to blending any undamaged panels).

Try Owens European or Eurocollision - but you might find it cheaper to take the hit and claim on insurance to get a good job done.

I think insurance will end up being the way to go... I just really hope it doesn't happen again, I would not have expected someone to have the balls to key a 2004 S class tho!

Sorry to say this Avenged.SSE but your vehicle and others like it are just the target these #%$&* people look for. Some rich #$%^&*&^ he can afford it keyed car. Just another sign of the state our society is in today, just my little rant sorry. Have had a sh*t week with similar things happening so I sort of know what you feel like, stiff upper lip and all that.

Cheers Allan

I dont know wtf is going thru peoples heads when they key others cars. Just like people smashing their door onto your car in carparks...a bit of courtosy goes a long way! On a modern car, thats just really low life to key it. A older car, is lowlife but wtf, why be jealous? Unless its pimped out?!

If I ever saw someone keying mine or someone else, I'd sure as hell be getting done for assault lol

I dont know wtf is going thru peoples heads when they key others cars. Just like people smashing their door onto your car in carparks...a bit of courtosy goes a long way! On a modern car, thats just really low life to key it. A older car, is lowlife but wtf, why be jealous? Unless its pimped out?!

If I ever saw someone keying mine or someone else, I'd sure as hell be getting done for assault lol

I've had dudes twice circle my car for unknown reasons.... one recently was peering at the registration... I was like... WTF??

one recently was peering at the registration... I was like... WTF??

Perhaps to confirm what the car is. I do it if I see something I like but am not sure 100% what it is

Perhaps to confirm what the car is. I do it if I see something I like but am not sure 100% what it is

I assume this is what he was doing, but it did look pretty dodge, as it was dark :P

Some Bugger kicked mine! nice big dent behind the wheel arch, and what is up with people letting there shopping trollys go into others cars? mine has about 5 dents all the same height and shape from inconciderate buggers and I park well away from the trolly return! grrrrr

people have no respect

I very rarely park my car in public places any more, and when I do I always park as far away from everyone as possible

I've parked my car in the school carpark for the last year or so. If there was one place that i'd think it'd be done it would be there. Word spreads though with so many people there. I swear if someone did it to mine I would find out and they'd be paying for precision autowerks to respray.

I had a women at the supermarket open her door into my NEWLY sprayed Legacy, quite hard! she then put her arms in the air without wording anything that seemed like an apology...man was i furious!!

I jumped out of the car to see the damage...she locked the doors lol probably thinking i was gonna road rage her ass but continued acting like it was nothing!!

Thank god it buffed out.

Guest Ari Gold

Still got your Malibu?

Vincent: Aw, man. You know what some f**ker did the other day?

Lance: What?

Vincent: f**king keyed it.

Lance: Oh, man, that's f**ked up.

Vincent: Tell me about it. I had it in storage for three years, it was out for five days and some dickless piece of sh*t f**ked with it.

Lance: They should be f**king killed. No trial, no jury, straight to execution.

Vincent: Boy, I wish I could've caught him doing it. I'd have given anything to catch that a**hole doing it. It'd been worth him doing it just so I could've caught him doing it.

Lance: What a f**ker!

Vincent: What's more chickenshit than f**king with a man's automobile? I mean, don't f**k with another man's vehicle.

Lance: You don't do it.

Vincent: It's just against the rules.