Sign in to follow this  
Silver Fox

Schumacher makes shock F1 return

Awesome. Am actually looking forward to watching the next F1 race!

And BMW have just announced that after this season they will be pulling out of F1

That just leaves Ferrari, Mercedes, Renault and Toyota as the sole engine suppliers.

I cant wait to watch this race!

I know, and just when they have a four week brake… gunna be a long wait!

Shumis gunna pwn all.

I dont think its a good idea for Shumi. He wont be able to perform like he did in the past wihtout the testing etc. Kimi was as fast or faster than him when he retired...

I dont think its a good idea for Shumi. He wont be able to perform like he did in the past wihtout the testing etc. Kimi was as fast or faster than him when he retired...

good point

but ... it certainly will work for publicity etc ... looking forward to seeing what happens

I'd say he's been or will be at the ferrari test track with last years car getting some fast miles under his belt.

There will be a tech loophole somewhere to allow him to get some laps, much like the way redbull let Seb Loeb test their F1 car...

Last year’s car is completely different. With the slicks this year’s car is running it would eat it!

I would say they have mules that are very similar to this year’s car.

Actually, it’s Schumacher, he doesn’t need to practice. Ferrari will be happy if he brings in a few manufacturer points for the team.

When Schumacher retired, he only retired from racing for the team. He is still a permanent (AFAIK) test driver for them.

Never really taken much interest into F1 up until now, but damn now I cant wait to watch Shcumacher's return! Even without testing like said in that interview he will surely be able to adapt to the car in a short amount of laps? Very talented man.. if anyone he can make a return like this and he is still in a fit condition.

He said when he left F1, that technology in the sport moves so fast, that even if he did make a comeback, he would be left in the dust.

Should be the most interesting race this year.

I'd say it's also to show the FIA that the Ferrari team brings the fans in, and so the team should be allowed to have their way when it comes to ruling disagreements and rule changes.

Bring it on - can't wait!

Guest Ari Gold

He is a god behind the wheel. He'll be quick, make no mistake. Hell, some of his lap records still stand 3 years after he retired!

Cause the cars were much, much faster when he was racing... :D

He's had to pull the plug, his neck's not up to it. Damn.

gutted! bollocks about his neck, tighten up his HANS device and he'll be sweet

It sucks, I almost got excited enough to want to watch F1 again (in fact had already booked the practice, qualifying and race in the DVR).

Bring on the Sonoma Indy race, I'm there in two weeks to cheer Scott Dixon on.

Cheers

Grant

At least the other drivers wont have to worry about being punted off quite so much ha.