Sign in to follow this  
Nobimmer

Help

Simple question, and I think I know what the answer will be.

I went and withdrew $400 from the hole in the wall today.

Took my card and left the money sitting in the flapper.

Went back and it was gone.

Asked the nearby shops etc if anyone had handed anything in etc and rang westpac but got sick of the "hold" music.

Is there anything I can do at all?

Cheers

Ashkan

That's what I was thinking too.

Shame it's probably gone to some tool that either doesn't need it or doesn't deserve it.

Some of the Machines take the money back if nobody takes it. But if there was someone waiting and they took it it's too bad.

There was noone behind me at the time and I was gone for maybe 3 minutes. How long before it gets sucked back in? I checked my balance and it has defintly come out of my account...

Ive read that if you leave the money sitting there for like 5 mins that it automatically takes it back in. Ringing the bank or whatever bank owns the atm should sort that out. Although bad luck if its been taken

Am on the phone now and they say it normally gets sucked back in within 30 secs. So hopefully it'll balance out when the machine gets balanced at the end of the day..

Ok, so have filed a claim form, basicly they will put the money back into my account immeadiatly, and if the bank finds that it was sucked back in then it's all good. If not, then bye bye $400 (Wayneys headers)

Aside from the obvious question - how the ------ did you manage to walk away from that much dough when that was the reason for going to the ATM in the first place?

Unless its a busy street chances are very good that it'll be back inside the machine.

Good luck - have my fingers crossed for you.

Dumbass. ;)

Bimmersport needs a n00b of the week award.....

Haha oh this just reminds me of 2 weeks ago.. I was in a rush to get to work pulled up next to a drive through ATM withdrew $20 took my card but forgot to grab the cash. It appeared 1 week later in my account again couldnt figure where this extra $20 had come from. Lucky for me the machine sucked it back in!

So your not the only dumbass round here Ashkan :P

Aside from the obvious question - how the ------ did you manage to walk away from that much dough when that was the reason for going to the ATM in the first place?

Unless its a busy street chances are very good that it'll be back inside the machine.

Good luck - have my fingers crossed for you.

Dumbass. ;)

Bimmersport needs a n00b of the week award.....

I've never won anything before. Can I just win this one?

The money is back in my account now, BUT they can pull it out for up to 3 weeks if they find someone had in fact walked off with it.

I've never won anything before. Can I just win this one?

The money is back in my account now, BUT they can pull it out for up to 3 weeks if they find someone had in fact walked off with it.

Ha, you mean you owe me $50!

Yes. And a boxo piss also!

Flick us ya bank details and I will put the rest in your bank account.

I once got talking to someone while my money was sitting in the flap thing and it was sucked by in quite quickly. Go into the bank and see if they can tell you if you donated or got lucky.

It was only a couple of minutes at the most. Fingers crossed.