Sign in to follow this  
Old_Skool_Bmw

Gutted!

On the way home from work in the M3 and I got a puncture in my tyre.

Really really crap. (curse people who litter on roads!!!)

I managed to limp the car in to the tyre shop but the nail had gone in to the tyre too close to the sidewall to repair safely!

I was pretty gutted about it as I'd only done about 200km's on the tyres and R888's are not the cheapest tyre around! I've also been having a few problems with the R888's rubbing the front guards on full lock as they are a little too big (rolling radius) so I decided I may as well drop a wheel size.

Back home now, 1 set of Bridgestone 215/40/17's later.

GUTTED!!!

At least I have a spare R888 now with only 200km's on it (and one bung one for the wall on the garage, to remind me to buy their stupid tyre insurance lol

Paid $12 a tyre and insured them for replacement through Tony's Tyres in case I have a similar issue in the future.

Laurence

$12 a tyre? u4real?

Think he is talking about $12/tyre for insurance - not the cost of the tyres...

I feel your pain! Got a nail right in the side wall of the 18" Alpinas the other day. Basically a brand new tire which is not repairable. Have the 17s back on till I can afford to replace it lol

Edited by 3 SERIES

Can you just go in and buy tyre insurance randomly? Like don't have to buy the tyres new from there? Cause 12$ a tyre is a bargain.

Tyre insurance? WTF.

they will replace the tyre if it gets punctured/damaged under "normal road conditions" no matter how much tread is left, provided it is W.O.F standard.

So, for instance, my puncture was not repairable so I would have been covered for a brand new tyre free of charge.

Laurence

Can you just go in and buy tyre insurance randomly? Like don't have to buy the tyres new from there? Cause 12$ a tyre is a bargain.

I'm fairly sure that you have to buy your new tyres from them first to get the insurance

I'm fairly sure that you have to buy your new tyres from them first to get the insurance

they let me buy it for the R888's even thought they have been on the car for a while. but i did originally buy them from Tony's.

Fark!!! i got a second puncture today!!! somebody doesn't like me LOL

LUCKY it wad fixable.. Haha the guys at the tyre shop were cracking up.

Laurence

^^^ Stop getting involved in Police chases with road spikes and it won't keep happening! ;)

^^^ Stop getting involved in Police chases with road spikes and it won't keep happening! ;)

Or at least use your work car for the Police chases!