Sign in to follow this  
APT

Andrews E30 Sedan

Well i thought i should actually put up my e30 on here, i have had it for about 1 year and ive done a few things to it. This could also be called the bimmersport members build as i have acquired most of my parts from various members around auckland. haha feel free to comment.

Satin Black Grills and bumpers.

Posted Image

Lip spoiler thanks nick021

Posted Image

Cold Air Box with K&N pod filter

Posted Image

Painted Rocker cover

Posted Image

Tech 1 wheel thanks Ashkan and greddy shift knob

Posted Image

Bucket seats

Posted Image

Posted Image

Will post more pics soon

Edited by APT

Niiiice!,like the cold air box alot, what seats are they? Evo 3 recaros? what sort of rails are they? Modified E30 ones?

wicked custom job on the airbox!

Thanks mate, i might be making another one soon lets say an upgraded version.lol

Niiiice!,like the cold air box alot, what seats are they? Evo 3 recaros? what sort of rails are they? Modified E30 ones?

nahh they arent out of an evo 3 aye they're just those NZKW ones.. the mounts are from luke " boost junky" and are also the same as the ones NZKW sells.

Cheers for the comments guys

thanks luke put them on the same day i got them in the mail lol

thanks luke put them on the same day i got them in the mail lol

Haha thats dedication man! Still havnt put my seats back in yet... kinda a luxary having blairs standard ones back in so much more comfortable and relaxed lol. When are you going to be putting that motor in? Or is that a secret?

Haha that motor hmmm..im having 2nd thoughts about that now and ive bought some of wayneys headers so it might turn into a 2.7 m20 now instead of a m50, ahhh i duno

Sweet car Andrew, all very nice mods, good stuff.

2.7 + headers FTW!

Do the M50! I dare ya ;) its really not a very hard conversion well worth it! I can even assist with wiring up the motor theres not many wires to do.

wicked custom job on the airbox!

+1 Thats a very tidy job...well done

Im not realy to sure on which engine to use, im thinking the 2.7 will be alot cheaper than the m50 swap but then again the m50 has alot more potential being the newer engine.

Heres a question for the 2.7 guys.

Would the conversion be as simple as using a 2.7 litre block out of a 525e ? then bolting it onto my 2.0 731 head and use my current intake ? or should i use the 2.5 litre head and intake?- also what sort of ecu could i run ?

I've got the bog standard 2.0 head on my 2.7 at the moment, running the 2.5 intake and ecu. It makes tons of torque and revs nice but definitely could use a bigger valve head and a remap to make it really scream. Even in the standard trim that I'm running I think you'd be pretty happy to the gains compared to a 2.0 and it's a real simple weekend job to do.

when your using the 2.5 intake on a 2 litre head i heard that the ports dont match up ? is this correct ?

Guest FrantiC

Use the 885 325i head, That is what I am using. Bigger ports, valves etc. So more worth using the 325i intake etc. Really rev happy and makes more torque.

Only downside is it lowers the compression from 11:1, or 10:2 (which ever ETA block you have, pre 87 were 11:1, 87 up were 10:2). 10:2 goes down to about 9.5/9.6:1. Still Barely anything to notice as you get larger valves and ports for more flow..

I used the 164 motronic 1.3 ecu from a 325i. Combined with m50 325i injectors (192cc). Didn't remap, It seemed pretty rev happy and fine as it was.

Frantic Any idea of what sort of power you were making before you went down the turbo route?

Guest FrantiC

TBH, I wouldn't a clue ae. I never drove a 325i before so couldn't compare to that. Compared to a m20b20 the difference is HUGE!. First time I drove it I could not believe how quickly it picked up revs and hit the limiter, The acceleration was nuts. Was only a cheap cheap build and I was very impressed.

Can tell you a few things though, I could keep up neck and neck (both cars had 4 people in them) with a civic hatch which had a b18c2 turbo.. Quite funny coming out of a 2 lane round about I floored it and so did he and we were neck and neck, hes next to me VTEC'ing and wastegate screaming and my cars just like lolol. And his was supposed to be an estimated 220wkw... I was very pleased with it for ages. With an LSD you will have fun for ages. Til you lose your licence and decide to add a turbo to it to further fuel that new power hungryness you get. :ph34r:

TBH, I wouldn't a clue ae. I never drove a 325i before so couldn't compare to that. Compared to a m20b20 the difference is HUGE!. First time I drove it I could not believe how quickly it picked up revs and hit the limiter, The acceleration was nuts. Was only a cheap cheap build and I was very impressed.

Can tell you a few things though, I could keep up neck and neck (both cars had 4 people in them) with a civic hatch which had a b18c2 turbo.. Quite funny coming out of a 2 lane round about I floored it and so did he and we were neck and neck, hes next to me VTEC'ing and wastegate screaming and my cars just like lolol. And his was supposed to be an estimated 220wkw... I was very pleased with it for ages. With an LSD you will have fun for ages. Til you lose your licence and decide to add a turbo to it to further fuel that new power hungryness you get. :ph34r:

b18c's are pretty quick on there own + a turbo it would be a beast, im liking this acceleration you speak of..What sort of exhaust system did you have ? im going to be using the wayneys headers if i run down this track..

Has anyone drove a 2.7 e30 compared to a m50b25 e30?

Guest FrantiC

Yeah well I haven't driven many fast cars so it kinda makes it hard to say if it is fast. Lol. but compared to a m20b20 the difference is night and day.

I had standard exhaust manifold, Standard downpipes to a Y pipe, single COBY muffler and single pipe back to a dual tip muffler. Sounded pretty good.

Try this link : Was when i first threw the 2.7 in. Ignore the loose belt squeaking and the blue smoke ;)

It's a crap vid lol, Just wanted to get the exhaust down to sell it a while back. At 16seconds it limits,rev picks up real quick if you can tell Lol.

Edited by FrantiC

I got to ride in a 2.7.

the torque was wonderful.