an email I just received

I hope it was no one on here <_< ....

FIRST NAME: Matthew

LAST NAME:**********

CITY: auckland

CLOSEST STORE: Penrose (Auckland)

EMAIL: *********@hotmail.com

PHONE: **********

How much to compress rear springs for a 1988 e30 bmw i have them already out of the car

Meh, who needs springs anyway.

+1.

I've got a mean angle grinder if he wants to save his money for some new tyres after some phat one wheels.

Edited by James~

+1.

I've got a mean angle grinder if he wants to save his money for spray paint cans.

Fixed

Fixed.

FIRST NAME: G

LAST NAME: DAWG

CITY: AKL WAT!

CLOSEST STORE: by my uncklez (AKL WAT!)

EMAIL: we-pimpin-we-ridin@hotmail.com

PHONE: #'s dey chang evri so otfen cos of da craz hoes textn me nd to nt get a hidin from da pigz

Sup g, bro wil u swap a cupla botlez of home brew and a o 2 compres ma bk springz for a ballin' bema i ript dem alreds owt of ma ride. chur g, we repin we rolin bro

Edited by MS BM

If you lower an E30 too much the fuel guage wont work properly. The sender unit is effected by atmospheric pressure. The lower the car gets to the road, the higher the guage reads. Which means you'll run out of gas before the guage reads empty. E30 M40's are more susceptible to this than other models.

If you lower an E30 too much the fuel guage wont work properly. The sender unit is effected by atmospheric pressure. The lower the car gets to the road, the higher the guage reads. Which means you'll run out of gas before the guage reads empty. E30 M40's are more susceptible to this than other models.

I lol'd IRL

Bro that's sick. I'll go get my skid rim, it's sitting under my stolen matte black sub box

hahah why compress when proper lowering springs are pretty cheap (probably cheaper than compressing) on Trademe? Arent Compressed springs just as dodgy as cutties?

Arent Compressed springs just as dodgy as cutties?

Yes.... your right...it lowers your compression

hahah why compress when proper lowering springs are pretty cheap (probably cheaper than compressing) on Trademe? Arent Compressed springs just as dodgy as cutties?

If done wrong the spring will not progress in a linear way.

Also heard, compressing, if not done right, can weaken the spring which in time will cause it to crack etc. A pretty technical procedure by the sounds of what I've heard - having to make sure each spring is heated & cooled correctly. Wouldnt be cheap either...

Just tell the knob to go buy lowering springs.

In all seriousness, I have some if he wants them for a boxa piss.

what did you reply to that Email? (if you replyéd? )

haha I replied that we don't compress springs nor do we recommend doing it. I told him we could sell him some new lowering springs which would be a lot safer etc. Then went into a very very lengthy email about what happens when you compress springs, the legality of having springs that are not trapped, he might need to shorten his shocks etc etc etc.

oh...... and I thanked him for taking the time to take the rear springs out because it is such a difficult job :P

Edited by zenetti

Why compress when you can cut :)

*joking of course

Fixed.

FIRST NAME: G

LAST NAME: DAWG

CITY: AKL WAT!

CLOSEST STORE: by my uncklez (AKL WAT!)

EMAIL: we-pimpin-we-ridin@hotmail.com

PHONE: #'s dey chang evri so otfen cos of da craz hoes textn me nd to nt get a hidin from da pigz

Sup g, bro wil u swap a cupla botlez of home brew and a o 2 compres ma bk springz for a ballin' bema i ript dem alreds owt of ma ride. chur g, we repin we rolin bro

Haha see too many of them around here. Yay for south Auckland...

Whats wrong with Home brew?

Ginger beer and apple cider pwns