Sign in to follow this  
BenEvans

Replacing Brake lines E30

Hey all,

hoping someone on here could assist me with this...

i have a 1990 320 coupe that just faild the wof on a leaky front left brake hose.

so im thinking if im going to have to replace this and bleed the system i might was well replace the lot with new ones.

so if im going to do that i have to chose between steel braided or standard hoses.

so i need a bit of feedback as to what to put in my car and where the best place to get them in auckland is.

Thanks all in Advance!

Ben

Just use standard ones - the difference in feel is negligible.

I would try Gavin @ Euro Italian.

Goodridge Braided Brake Line set, TUV approved off eBay, Demon Tweeks or any other reputable online dealer. Part number for E30 6 line kit: SBW0012-6

Search for it on eBay, Google etc.

if you decide to go for braided lines go to Alert engineering they make certified braided hoses and are the cheapest i've found. They already have some made up for E30 or you can choose your colour and they'll make them for you.

if you decide to go for braided lines go to Alert engineering they make certified braided hoses and are the cheapest i've found. They already have some made up for E30 or you can choose your colour and they'll make them for you.

+1..they do a great job

Hey Ollie what sort of price do they charge per line? Just out of curiosity!

From memory they are around $280 for the set of 6 for a disk brake rear, so about $45 per piece.