Sign in to follow this  
Driftit

12v to 3v step down

Hey guys. I want to run my little Go-Pro camera in my race car from the 12v mains. It runs on 2x AAA batteries.

It has already been slightly moddifed to run like this.

Posted Image

But I dont have the the rest of it.

Can anybody help me here? Or suggest somewhere to go. I asked the guys at Jaycar. But the guy was more interested in spading this horrid looking female.

Hey I have a Go Pro also - can you hook us up with pics of how they did the mod?

Awesome cheers Mark.

Well Mr Babb came up with a very simple design that works great.

Two wooden dowels the same size and length as the AAA's and a positive and negative wire. As simple as that.

Will go and see Jaycar again tomorrow afternoon and get that kit. Will post some pics.

Edited by driftit

Awesome cheers Mark.

Well Mr Babb came up with a very simple design that works great.

Two wooden dowels the same size and length as the AAA's and a positive and negative wire. As simple as that.

Will go and see Jaycar again tomorrow afternoon and get that kit. Will post some pics.

I didn't actually post that. My mate, 320guy who is now banned from here, did. I left my bimmersport account signed in on his computer hahaha.

Im not that helpful haha

If you use those adj regulators might pay to put a 3.6v or 4.2v zener diode across the output once you have set the pot to 3v, use an accurate digital meter & seal the pot with a dab of nail varnish so it doesn't change with vibration etc.

The zener diode is cheap protection, if the voltage goes too high it switches on & clamps the voltage.Ask at Jaycar how to hook it across the output if you can't find info.