Sign in to follow this  
arcon

performance tyre question

i need to get a new front 225/45/R17 for my E46. currently driving on old nankang NS1s which i've found have good performance but pretty bad noise...

so i'd like both performance and reasonably quiet for around 250 if poss. which would be more suitable out of a toyo TR1 or toyo PX4... and what's the real difference between the two..? also the nankang NS2s are $50 cheaper which is attractive.. but again not sure if they'd be quieter than toyos..?

any opinions welcome.

T1R’s are great, they wear quite quickly and are a little noisy though, do you plan on driving very fast and hard, odd track day etc?

If not I would actually look at Dunlop SP Sports, fitted a set to my mum’s E46 (same size tyres as yours) last year and she is bloody happy, we had a set on our Astra Turbo, performed well and lasted 40,000km including a few track days.

Have you tracked T1R's?? They are a performance tyre.

Have you tracked T1R's?? They are a performance tyre.

Agreed, I used these on 2 seperate cars at 2 differn't track days.

Car 1: Honda Torneo SIR-T

Car 2: Subaru Impreza WRX Sti Version 3

I was impressed with these T1R's on both trackdays, sure they aint T888's but they are a good Street tyre that can handle a track day if need be.