Sign in to follow this  
laadeelaa

Weird Driving Habits?

3 car length gap?

most people in Wellington merge into another lane even if there's less than 1 car length space for them to go into LOL (and then they wonder why I'm beeping at them and cranking the full beams)

You Must live in a different Wellington than I do. Because in the Wellington where I am, NO ONE KEEPS LEFT!!

Grrrrr!! just the thought of it makes me spit bile.

All four windows must be down an even amount lol.

And yeah, im another one on the even number volume thing.

And keeping left on the motorway where possible.

And i almost always reverse into carparks. (It's easier to park up nicely so if you're in a rush when you leave you don't break something - happened more than once :( )

Not so much on the even volume, but even aircon temps on both sides (e36) WTF..

Not so much on the even volume, but even aircon temps on both sides (e36) WTF..

+ 1 on the even aircon temps in the e34.

+1...

Are you talking about the one when you go in entrance 1 or the 1st bump at entrance 4? They both piss me off! haha

Both, entrance 4 (If i'm thinking of the right one) is worse by quite a bit tho.

Both windows have to be down the same amount

+1

I have to have to sunroof open. Even if its raining I just crack it slightly so its on a lean.

I have to have to sunroof open. Even if its raining I just crack it slightly so its on a lean.

+1

Me to haha

+ 1 on the even aircon temps in the e34.

+1 on the e30

I have a funny lil habbit

when im driving along in my AUTO i tend to have the habit of driving with my right hand on the steering wheel and left hand on the shifter

haha then i realised i wanted a manual

hence the conversion about to happen

My aircon doesn't even work :P then the belt started degrading so i took to it with side cutters and just replaced the alternator and p/steer

I seem to be good at getting crashed into. Been in two accidents this year.

My first car, had for two months. stupid teenager failed to give way and stoved in the back of it, car was full of passengers at the time - noone hurt.

Posted Image

mates dads corolla, moron fails to give way and hits us very hard.

Posted Image

Edited by antil33t

Always have my window down, unless there torrential rain.

Passenger seat HAS to mirror my drivers seat.

I'm one of the most courteous drivers.

If someone cuts me off, I just let them in, and avoid making a big deal about it.

I usually let people in, and give way, sometimes too much.

I'm in no hurry. I enjoy driving my car.

More time to repeat my latest favourite song, over and over and over again.

I only let people in if they indicate, if they cut me off, that's a whole new story :)

Guest FrantiC

Always have my window down, unless there torrential rain.

Passenger seat HAS to mirror my drivers seat.

haha +1 to the seats.

I have a habbit of city driving in 5th gear. Or driving 1st, 2nd, 4th if I drive in 4th. I barely ever use 3rd city driving unless i remember to.

I quite often find myself sitting at a red light, and keep shifting from neutral to first gear a few times, no idea why.

driving an automatic.. i would leave my left hand on the gear knob.. and sometimes at the red light.. would try and shift it to first gear.. and press the clutch... ( and this is on the e38...) LOL -> e38 have the handbrake pedal where the clutch is supposed to be:P

looking at that dam L/100km gauge in the e30, check that more than my speedo...

ohh... and i definatly do that even number volume thing

Edited by Wervie67

I have the constant checking of first gear while waiting at lights.. would hate to try and take off in neutral or 3rd gear.

I hate it when my mouth screams condemning remarks at transvestite prostitutes standing outside some local schools.. and my favourite bakery.. they make good lamingtons.. the bakery not the transvestite prostitutes.. I have seen them in the daytime standing on the corners, but I didnt yell at them because there were children around..

and I dislike bongo vans, and toyota enimas and hiace vans and suzuki swifts who merge like a zip from motorway on ramps, across 2 lanes and sit on 80km/h when everyone else is doing 100k. Especially annoying when they are racing 3 wide doing 80k's and you get stuck behind them.. the start of peak hour traffic,

But I like rumbling paint strips on the sides of the motorway, I try and see how long I can stay on them, i try and make songs with my speed.. I think they should make musical ones so you can listen to songs when you drive on them..

I have the constant checking of first gear while waiting at lights.. would hate to try and take off in neutral or 3rd gear.

I hate it when my mouth screams condemning remarks at transvestite prostitutes standing outside some local schools.. and my favourite bakery.. they make good lamingtons.. the bakery not the transvestite prostitutes.. I have seen them in the daytime standing on the corners, but I didnt yell at them because there were children around..

and I dislike bongo vans, and toyota enimas and hiace vans and suzuki swifts who merge like a zip from motorway on ramps, across 2 lanes and sit on 80km/h when everyone else is doing 100k. Especially annoying when they are racing 3 wide doing 80k's and you get stuck behind them.. the start of peak hour traffic,

But I like rumbling paint strips on the sides of the motorway, I try and see how long I can stay on them, i try and make songs with my speed.. I think they should make musical ones so you can listen to songs when you drive on them..

Haha, Lance, you're nuts.

But I like rumbling paint strips on the sides of the motorway, I try and see how long I can stay on them

This +1

And I like changing lanes without hitting the cats eyes. Or "bbrrrrddrr" things

I do that all the time, so much fun.

I always keep my foot on the brake and clutch pedals when I'm parked up or stopped. Even if the handbrake is on and the car isn't running, I HAVE to have my foot on the brake and clutch pedals.

But I like rumbling paint strips on the sides of the motorway, I try and see how long I can stay on them

haha yeah, +1 for both of those.

I also clench my teeth for potholes that i can't avoid and usually lift myself off the seat a bit at the same time

^+1

+2 on the even aircon temps - even if it is not my car!

I also just about come to a stop anytime I turn into a driveway, and then creep up slowly until all 4 wheels are on the drive and then speed up again.

Edited by zenetti

I also just about come to a stop anytime I turn into a driveway, and then creep up slowly until all 4 wheels are on the drive and then speed up again.

Ahh yes. I cringe whenever I see someone go flying into their driveway, hard on the brakes and the front wheels go thump(!) on the curb.