Sign in to follow this  
laadeelaa

Weird Driving Habits?

I get bored in traffic, on the motorway etc, so I call people. I'll be doing it hands free soon.

Yep, radio down when I have to concentrate hard and teeth clench/swear words for potholes.

I also stare at oncoming car headlights at night time for some reason. Not a good idea when you look back at where your going and only see a big bright white circle of light where the road used to be :wacko:

Weird Driving habits...

If I'm parked up and want to adjust the radio I have to find the remote after it slid sideways off the seat from cornering too hard even though i could just adjust the volume control on the Head Unit.

the remote must be found !!!!! because if i can find that I can normally find my wallet and cell phone too.

when im approaching traffic lights 500m away, I start slowing down. so hopefully by the time I get to the lights they have changed green and I dont have to stop.

I steer with my knees, especially on the motorway when it's not so crowded.

This then becomes a good time to Air guitar to your favorite song ...

oh that's just me <_<

I am absolutely OCD about keeping left on highways/motorways. Even if there's only a three car length gap, and no one behind me, and i'm doing 10km/h faster than the traffic in that lane, i'll still move in to it!!

I will NOT follow b-trains. I ensure that I'm either in front of them, or a number of cars behind! (its all those stones they kick up!)

If i've just produced some dodgy driving, and get a lil anxious about it, then i'll tap the steering wheel and turn the stereo up and down, and also change the track lots heh.

My dad has the habbit of braking really late, so late infact this one time the guy infront got out at the light's and went nuts, said my dad nearly crashed into the rear.

Not a bad or weird habit, but at the lights, I watch the ones that are green so when they go red I know when to go (2sec delay) but if there are people turning who get a green first I know to wait for them.

If light is red when I am approaching I also slow down (dont break neccessarily just let go of the gas) so hopfully it goes green before I do stop.

Also if 2 lanes straight thru and one lane is full and the 2nd lane has 3 or less cars I will always take that lane unless its also a left turning lane which means if one of them is turning and they have to wait for any pedestrians I will take the other lane - unless no one is in this lane and the other lane is full I will always go into the empty lane. WHY do people queue up into ONE lane in peak traffic?

As for the looking at oncomming cars headlights at night...I for some stupid reason do this aswell (not all the time but very often). Its like we have Possum DNA in us, making us stare at the light...:lol:

I steer with my knees, especially on the motorway when it's not so crowded.

I sometimes try this. But not very easy with a small sports steering wheel & the E30s steering columns dont go up or down they are fixed in the one position.

When I rock up at the intersection, I usually turn the radio down for some reason. Then again, my last 3 cars haven't had stereos, so it's not something I've had to deal with for a while :)

Sometimes, when I'm by myself on the road, I try and rev-match when I'm downshifting, just for shits and giggles.

Other than that, I'm usually just hitting various sections of my interior to stop a new-found squeek or rattle. Damn Honduhs, then again I'm sure you E30 boys can attest to that ;)

Music volume has to be even

always

I am absolutely OCD about keeping left on highways/motorways. Even if there's only a three car length gap, and no one behind me, and i'm doing 10km/h faster than the traffic in that lane, i'll still move in to it!!

3 car length gap?

most people in Wellington merge into another lane even if there's less than 1 car length space for them to go into LOL (and then they wonder why I'm beeping at them and cranking the full beams)

Music volume has to be even

always

I never ever put any stereo onto volume level 13

when im approaching traffic lights 500m away, I start slowing down. so hopefully by the time I get to the lights they have changed green and I dont have to stop.

how very truck driver of you Tim ...

My dad has the habbit of braking really late, so late infact this one time the guy infront got out at the light's and went nuts, said my dad nearly crashed into the rear.

how very race car driver of him ...

haha Brook. Yep I do that. Volume has to be an even number. 8,10,12,14,16,18 and so on. :lol:

EDIT: Im sure some headys come out standard with volume that goes up in 2's instead of 1's...? Im sure Ive seen one before. Some house stereos do

Edited by Shady

I do the clenching of the teeth haha!

+1

Oh, I allways put one finger over a horn button at any given time... just in case some moron decides to tempt fate.

+2 I haev one thumb on each button, for rapid response no matter what the situation!

I also turn down the stereo when trying to find an address I have never been too, I don't know why, the stereo is volume is completely unrelated to spotting the address/building I am trying to find!

Its all about concentration

I have a bad habit of doing u-ees or pulling the handbrake to find a good parking spot!

When I park I have to have the car straight, and even distance to the lines on both sides. If its not straight Ill get in and shift it. I also back into parks.

If Im by myself i will curse and swear at the f**khead in front of me that cuts me off or doesnt indicate properly at the roundabout.

I crank the music and sing/scream really badly

Edited by SIR E30

Guest FrantiC

I have to have a window down when i drive.

Unless its raining, I will just barely crack it open when it is, otherwise its anywhere from 1/4 open to open.

Claustrophobia ftl

I crank the music and sing/scream really badly

This is me HA.

My window is always down a fraction if not right down even if raining cos otherwise the windows fog up (no aircon & my heater is crap).

Edited by westy

Both windows have to be down the same amount

I'm one of the most courteous drivers.

If someone cuts me off, I just let them in, and avoid making a big deal about it.

I usually let people in, and give way, sometimes too much.

I'm in no hurry. I enjoy driving my car.

More time to repeat my latest favourite song, over and over and over again.

Edited by OLLIE
courteous

I'm one of the most curtious drivers.

If someone cuts me off, I just let them in, and avoid making a big deal about it.

I usually let people in, and give way, sometimes too much.

I'm in no hurry. I enjoy driving my car.

More time to repeat my latest favourite song, over and over and over again.

That f**ks me off

i get so angry at them

just talking about it now is making me furious!

I really dislike people who think they own the road to