Sign in to follow this  
laadeelaa

Weird Driving Habits?

I'm pretty sure I change gears way more than I need too, and I'm an obsessive compulsive heel and toer. I'd say 80% of downshifts I'd do it. At a minimum I match revs on each downshift...even when just cruising

I'm pretty sure I change gears way more than I need too, and I'm an obsessive compulsive heel and toer. I'd say 80% of downshifts I'd do it. At a minimum I match revs on each downshift...even when just cruising

I use to do this all the time when I had a manual...

how I miss it :(

It's so much smoother to rev-match downshifts.

Edited by antil33t

I have to turn everything off (radio, air-con, wipers, etc...) before I turn off the key.

(the e46 annoys me greatly as the air-con comes on when turning the key on)

I turn down the radio when I go slow/stop/concentrate too.

I turn down the wipers when I stop at lights in the rain (e.g. from 2 -> 1, 1 -> intermitten)

I (almost) always park reversed-in (front of car face out).

I try to avoid cat-eyes when changing lanes.

----------------

Rumble strips - Japan have special rumble lanes that help keep you awake on some motorways. Idea is when you drive on it, it will give you a tune of music (more like a hum of course).

I turn down the radio when I go slow/stop/concentrate too.

+1

I lean into the corner quite excessively while going around sharp corners.

I usually do this on 90 degree corners, and hold on to the arm rest for some reason

I lol @ guys who drive around with the "big arm". When they have their right arm in the 12 o'clock position, which makes them lean in their chairs and their arm sticks up. Tough guy as. Especially when they drive past you, look at you and 'engage the 12 o'clock "i have big arms" ' position.

I do this, im not showing off my "big arm" i just find it relaxing as i lean on the arm rest and my arm finds itself on the 12 o clock position

I also stare at oncoming car headlights at night time for some reason. Not a good idea when you look back at where your going and only see a big bright white circle of light where the road used to be :wacko:

Not so bad in the city, but in the countryside i always do this, usually trying to work out what car it is...

I listen to my music way way to loud, like silly loud I also drum and sing to my music quite enthusiastically loud.

I heel-toe downshift everywhere.

Brake > blip barrrrrrrrrr > blip barrrrrrrrrr > pull into carpark at mall.

I heel-toe downshift everywhere.

Brake > blip barrrrrrrrrr > blip barrrrrrrrrr > pull into carpark at mall.

+1 Well, in the Legacy anyway.

I also have to go down through each gear sequentially, regardless.

pulling up to lights from 50km/h: 4-3-2-1, heel/toe/rev matching. Everytime!

I almost forgot..

I practise a race line within the confines of a lane.

i.e. do race lines without tyres stepping on the lines of the road

I drive with my left hand of the gearstick & right hand on the wheel, even though its auto...

I also find, if my vents (either side) are not even eg been moved up or down I always tap them so they are straight again - just looks annoying having ONE vent crooked. Its no big deal, but it just iritates me, like WTF!

I also always have to have the passenger window down the same as mine if Im by myself - if someone is sitting there I dont care. If I have one of the back windows down, the other side has to match it also (but usally people in the back if they are down, so doesnt happen often).

I MUST have BASS. I never turn my subs down - bass is always on max. Only when I get home, arrive at a Servo/Shop or looking for a house or arrive at someone elses house I turn the bass down or turn heady completely off/Pause. I never turn it down otherwise...Volume also has to sit on no lower than 18 if I am by myself (if people in the car and they are talking to me or each other its usually OFF or on 10 --- max is 38).

One thing I hate, your passenger turns it down to talk (like turns to 5 or lower so cant hear it at all)...I hate that so much. I just say - PAUSE IT! Then unpause once they finished.

Do you threaten to pop a cap in their ass if they keep turning it down?

They dont listen, then yeah :lol:

Nah I dont get too hardcore. I just turn it back up & say "pause it ow bay" or along those lines ;)

Also have the habit of, constantly washing my car...at least once a week unless its raining then it will be next week. Even the paint work is crap anways, I still hate a dirty car.

I also have the habit of always changing other peoples driverseat positions. Always do it in mums, my mrs & whoevers elses cars. I have to have a back lean and back from the wheel - hate the fact of being close to the wheel. Have a frontal at high speeds I'd be less likely to be trapped if I am back further.

Oh and always checking my rearview mirror every like 10secs...

Guest FrantiC

They dont listen, then yeah :lol:

Nah I dont get too hardcore. I just turn it back up & say "pause it ow bay" or along those lines ;)

Also have the habit of, constantly washing my car...at least once a week unless its raining then it will be next week. Even the paint work is crap anways, I still hate a dirty car.

I also have the habit of always changing other peoples driverseat positions. Always do it in mums, my mrs & whoevers elses cars. I have to have a back lean and back from the wheel - hate the fact of being close to the wheel. Have a frontal at high speeds I'd be less likely to be trapped if I am back further.

Oh and always checking my rearview mirror every like 10secs...

ohhhh man that is classic...

Mum is 5ft tall. The mrs is 5ft 4ish. I am 5ft 10. They both sit RIGHT up into the wheel and I cant even get in behind it :lol: so once I am in, the seat then goes back. I always get told off for not putting it back, but eh, I just keep forgetting (most of the time).

So your telling me, you drive with your seat right up & yours legs crammed in under the wheel? Unless you are 5foot?

Have a frontal at high speeds I'd be less likely to be trapped if I am back further.----this is just a thought that goes thru my head. May be all shet but its just one of those things...

Edited by Shady

hate the fact of being close to the wheel. Have a frontal at high speeds I'd be less likely to be trapped if I am back further.

Car manufacturers do recommend sitting as far back as possible so the air bags and seat belts can work more effectively. (More space between person and the bag, you get hit less hard.)

So the fact I look "gangsta" means I got less chance dieing or getting injured or stuck...:lol: :lol: :lol:

I hate people that sit on a G-Lean, It's rather stupid...

I just sit so I don't have to cross my arms whilst turning.

I also drive with my knees a lot. Hands above my head laxing out while she

I also drive with my knees a lot. Hands above my head laxing out while she

While she sucks your d*ck right? Is that what you were getting at?

While she sucks your d*ck right? Is that what you were getting at?

Sharp as a tack you are!