Sign in to follow this  
bravo

The only Honda on 4 wheels I'd give a body part for

NSX

I saw a red one of these outside a cafe when I was about 16 and without having any idea of their value decided that I would buy one when I got my full license. I mean - it was a honda - how expensive could it be???

Anyway, I still want one and would own one in a second if I could afford it.

Awesome cars.

Posted Image

I totally agree with you mate, im a huge fan of the NSX. Always wanted one, I get more of a kick seeing an NSX driving on the road than i do most Fezzas

Guest Simon*

You know, I fully appreciate what they are, but I've just never liked them :)

Having the interior of a late '80's Prelude doesn't help either!

Haha! Mum just walked by and asked if it was a Ferrari. :huh: Mums say the darnest things.

Why give a body part when you can just pay 85k?

That thing is ugly in my opinion.

I like honda's though, as long as they have 2 wheels, 1000cc, and a RR on the end.

They are awesome cars but if I had 85k to spend on a car I would get a late 90's Porsche 911. Dont NSX's only have a 3 litre v6???

3 litre or 3.2 as this yellow one.

I have a series of road tests on them from UK Autocar mag, despite supposedly producing the same power (as per Jap regs) over 3 different models, the last of them was something like 1 sec quicker to 60mph, 2secs plus to 100 and much quicker over a 1/4 mile.

I love them. There's a black one in Mission Bay that's gorgeous.

They are awesome cars but if I had 85k to spend on a car I would get a late 90's Porsche 911. Dont NSX's only have a 3 litre v6???

QFT!

Oh how I want a 90s Porsche!

They have extremely choice engineering in them, first use of lots of aluminium bits in a production car. Gordan Murray (!!!) used them as a benchmark for the Mclaren F1's ride and useability.

Also, the poxy v6 was what prompted Murray to ask Honda to build the Mclaren's motor (Honda refused, lol). BMW was the second choice after Honda! :o

/trivia

japan's only super car imho.

Senna's spirit is in this car (he worked with the engineers to make it perfect). Has the same mass, and wheel-weight, distribution as a F1 car. Destroys CSL's on the track. Would love one. Anyone who thinks it is a terrible car should be shot.

if i had that much money and was going to buy a honda, i would buy a 2.2L s2k instead.. but for rarity.. yeah nsx..

My next door neighbour a few years ago had one in red, was kept outside in the weather. Never really realised what it was worth or how special they really are.

I must agree, the NSX was and always will be a brilliant car, regardless of the fact that it is a honduh. One of the very few four wheeled honduh toys I would own, mine only have two wheels...

I absolutely love them, but...

If I only had $85k to spend on a car I just don't know if I could bring myself to do it.

But if I won Lotto - hold me back!