Sign in to follow this  
Gus

JUNGLE

Wasn't suggesting they are worth $15k. But if you gave me $15k thats what i would buy.

haha wasn't aimed at you, but a lot of M325i owners in general.....they are fun though, and i agree with you on the sub 15k......they not as fast as heaps of cars in that price bracket, but overall i think they're the best one....which is why i have one!

i also changed to pre facelift (rear tails, higher rear arches etc).

okay so what do you mean by changed to higher rear arches?

Cos i have wondered if some e30 have different height guards.4door-2door?

I see some e30s with hardout rim tuck at the rear but they are not that low ,where as mine is just bout tucking the rim but is has like 65-70mm ground clearance.

hey man, saw ya car on the way outta whanga...on the 3rd???

facelift e30's (88+) have lower rear arches, when you lower them they get tuckage, which looks gay! the only way to solve is to have higher rear springs in the back to add rake....looks pretty cool

when you lower them they get tuckage, which looks gay!

A??? My rear wheel is up in the guard to the rim and i think it looks mean. The only downside is if you ever get hit on the rear guard and have it pushed into the wheel.... But thats what rubber mallets and anger are for - that sometimes gets you home! (well it worked for me when i racked the bank....)

then you add in the fact that my E36 as standard had the rear tyres a bit up in the guards on the standard wheels.

Stock height on my car before lowering was 130mm - now it sits around 100mm (depending where you measure from)

Edited by Napier_E36

i meant e30 tuck....just looks so low....mine used to rub with the chromes going round corners...it sucked

i meant e30 tuck....just looks so low....mine used to rub with the chromes going round corners...it sucked

oh - my misunderstanding.... sorry!

Are the guards not very deep on the E30s?

Guest WAGON

i also dislike the tucked look

but it does suit some cars like blairs but not jap cars just makes the wheels look to big

Yea that woulda been me in Whangas ,think its over to Aus for next new years NZ weather sucks, what were you driving?Think I might have seen you

True wish I had the lower arches.Us young guys strive for that thing called tuck!haha showing your age GUS! :D

driving my car........haha i am showing my age! tuck must be a personal thing....just doesnt do it for me on e30's

i am really suprised the E36's dont rub, my parents E36 got f**k all gap between the tyre and the rear guard, theres like 1 finger gap between the two. I suppose it comes down to suspension geometry and the guard design etc.

But E30s with 17s look rude, i reckon 16 is the biggest wheel E30 can take and look good in my opinion. I wonder how big of wheels u could fit under the E30 M3 guards :blink:

Guest Spargo

I wonder how big of wheels u could fit under the E30 M3 guards :blink:

19" under Sport Evo guards.

19" under Sport Evo guards.

got a pic of that?? im trying to imagine what that would look like!!

Guest Spargo

Better yet, she lives about 200m from me!

Hartge wheels, interior has seen a re trim at some point? Same car?

Off topic, but i'm almost certain she stole my car cover, i burnt a corner of mine on the exhaust, and what do you know, hers was burnt too!

yeah same car

i doubt she would have stolen the cover (ha ha)

she was to innocent for that