Sign in to follow this  
Gus

JUNGLE

blue springs could also be 5ziegen - they make some pretty sweet suspension parts

Thats f**king mint, although nearly every 325M I have seen all have higher kays than the usual E30, which is a bugger. Just goes to show that they've been doing what they're made to do- driving B)

Hmm, my E34 goes alright with the 2.5, I can just think what the 300kg lighter E30 would be like :mosh:  :wub:

Our manual 525 feels slower than my old 320 did. You got M50 or M20 one? Ours is M20.
M20. Goes best when in 2nd & 3rd gear tho. Well, good enough to kill those :gay: Toyota Starlet GTs, which I hear have a pretty good power/weight ratio :ph34r:

Well, good enough to kill those  :gay:  Toyota Starlet GTs, which I hear have a pretty good power/weight ratio :ph34r:

toyota starlets handle f**king awsomely - my older brother had one, lowered it on bmg springs or somthing and had 15 inch reflexes on it and damn was it untouchable on the windy roads - absolutly phenominal.

As for straight line speed, a starlet will take down the 525 - if the driver of the satrlet can find traction.... for a 1300 tourbo they can haul.

BOT - gus, jack your car up for us and take a photo of your springs so that we can have somthing to work with.... Im quite sure that most aftermarket springs have what they are stamped on them somewhere...

EDIT: by the way gus, can we also have a photo of your jandles as seen in the interior shot? they look HOOOOWWWTTTTT!!!!!!!!!! :mosh: :lol::lol:

Edited by Napier_E36

Guest Andrew

Blue springs = M-tec, or so i'm lead to believe.

Not bad at all g-junior.

maybe - but gus' other mtech springs were black with mtech stripes.

Very nice :)

Mine also has the mystery grill above the ash tray...

Hmm, M style part perhaps, maybe i have an M too? How does one tell? :)

I plan to go gloss black with my paint also, after i remove the little dents and scratches :)

how you tell? LSD baby! gloss black hmmmmmm....only one thing better....matt black

Lowered on Blue Springs (any help identifying these!)

Lovells perhaps?

Sweet ride. Not huge on the pinstriping tho.

It doesn't look that low either?

How hard does it go with chip/cam?

Standard clutch?

here the fronts...im thinking H&R....PO doesnt know either

also.....its not an e30 power steering rack...i think its an e36 rack.....gonna have a fiddle with some part numbers and see what i get...it would explain why i actually like the power steering on it! the exhaust system is full.....the only things between the headers and rear muffler is 2 coby looking devices

weather too crap today so fogs and AC removal still on to do list....will also cut holes in plastic as the brake ducts are useless at the mo...however did manage to do black parcel tray which looks better

she is pretty low....over bumps at highish speeds the exhaust can scrape....but its quite soft which i like...standard M325i clutch, which is diff to 325 clutch, or at least feels a lot firmer....like grants or andy's...both different.

to be honest i think the chip is only good for a stock one.....ideally i want to do a unichip which is remappable and replace the AFM with something less restrictive....will see how grant's turns out

but she feels quicker now than old car, although i think she might be leaning out at high RPM.....will see how money and everything goes...just ordered Short Shift today so i don't feel like im rowing!

and just discovered that she is NZ new

post-9-1105069490.jpg

oh and mtech springs are black with the M stripes on them, i had the rears on my old car

A modified steering shaft and spacers between the rack and X-member would point to a E36 rack, could it be a E30 M3 rack????

didnt look at the coupling today....its quite tight with the headers

it was the aluminium smooth housing that gave it away....http://www.e30m3performance.com/installs/installs-3/e36rack/index.htm

the top rack in the 2nd pic down, the outer looks like that.....as far as i know all e30 ones are textured steel. if the weather is better ill look tomorrow when i do other stuff

Guest Spargo

Awesome! E36 M3 rack = gus is a jammy c**t. That's by far and away the best part you've got on that weapon.

When do the JUNGL3 plates go on? :lol:

haha no jungl3....getting jungle for special occasions though....just waiting for em from states

now have fogs and no AC....nice tidy job...removed lower plastic whilst i cut holes for brake ducting in it....and removed crap alarm and random sh*t...now just need a ciggie lighter...abby here i come!

your ride sounds pretty sweet dude, wonder why did that guy sell it for or is there anything minor wrong with it aye?

company car....nothing minor...well nothing just stuff i wanted to do...but she getting there now :)

I am gonna start looking for a M325i as well very soon I hope, the problem is finding a good one for a reasonable price. But the thing is just about every man and dog on this forum is gonna be after one as well. and thats where Supply/Demand price war comes in :(

If i wont be able to get one for 9-10k, i will have no choice but to settle for 325i and i dont wanna sell my 318i for like $1000 just because its "318i". Its like in mint condition with low km, but ppl see 318 as 318.

All I can say is that for sub $15k i wouldnt want any other car.

They arent the fastest cars, and there is always maintainance issues (as with any 20 year old car). But they are the most rewarding drive. You can go far "slower" than say a jap turbo, but the driving buzz is more. Pretty much comes down to reasonable suspension, light weight, rear wheel drive and an LSD.

9-10 k is what you should be looking at paying tops.....8-9 is a good price...but i find many owners have over valued opinions on what their cars are worth....just for example one sold down in rotorua for 5 grand....but anything over 10 is too much....in my humble opinion. put ellipsoids in today...looking good, just need bulbs!

and as for supply and demand, not as many people as you think are looking for them....a while back there was two on trademe and they both took ages to sell. prices also depend on mtech 1 or 2....the 1's being slightly less....but i like 'em more

they really arent that diff to a 325i, just really the LSD that makes a diff (man that was a bad pun)