Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

BDO 2010

First announcement this morning:

Muse, Powderfinger, Lilly Allen, Eskimo Joe, Groove Armada, Grinspoon, The Mars Volta, Ladyhawke, Dizzee Rascal, Karnivool, Peaches, The Temper Trap, Kasabian, Midnight Juggernauts, Rise Against, Magic Dirt, Mastodon, Lisa Mitchell, The Horrors, Bluejuice, Calvin Harris, Kisschasy, The Decemberists, Tame Impala and Girl Talk.

I will be there just to see Muse and Rise Against ^_^

Who else is going?

Edited by Forrest

Only the first announcement of usually three, so he might be thrown in the mix later to headline with Muse.

Our work is literally 5 mins walk from BDO. We get to charge lots for parking and we get to hear most of it for free! :lol:

Rise Against...... Shame it is missing "The Machine" at the end of that.

But out of that whole list I only like Muse.

Too old for that sh*t anyway. lol

Mmmm The Mars Volta! :D

Hopefully there will be some better announcements later.

Muse, Powderfinger, Groove Armada, Grinspoon, The Mars Volta, Dizzee Rascal, Rise Against

Mint.

Id like to go for those few bands

Groove Armada, Dizzee Rascal, Calvin Harris.

Thats what I'd be keen for.

Hope the other announcements are more "huger"- :huh: But lets be honest, some are too wasted to even remember most of it...

Bring back either Beastie Boys, Metallica, SOAD, Kings Of Leon and the Chemical Brothers and I'm there!

And Pendulum!

Edited by MS BM

If you haven’t seen Muse they are well worth a look, I have seen them three times and rate them up there with the best I have seen.

Lots of lush music coming to NZ in the next year, I think I have over $1,000 worth of tickets for upcoming events!

BDO is always good.

Also, Gomez are coming next month, bloody good live experience.

Faith No More are coming Feb, 18, 2010 would rather go see them!

*nods* I'll be there too. Saw them in the 90's. They're an absolutely MUST SEE!

Temper trap, yes plz. Bring over Mistabishi again too plz.

Dizzee, lily and Groove armada too.

AND FAITH NO MORE IS COMING OVER IN FEB :o

I'd go for Dizzee Rascal, But everything else is pretty meh.

Muse Meh? Wash your mouth out! They are epic, one of the few bands that actually sound better live than on an album.

IMO Dizzee Raskal is very meh, I have seen the African Cottony amalgamated nugget before and it was rubbish, absolutely horrible, he is hard enough to understand on one of his massively produced tracks, live it was like a Vikki Pollard with bass and glue.

But music is so personal im sure some people get a lot from it.

Muse Meh? Wash your mouth out! They are epic, one of the few bands that actually sound better live than on an album.

IMO Dizzee Raskal is very meh, I have seen the African Cottony amalgamated nugget before and it was rubbish, absolutely horrible, he is hard enough to understand on one of his massively produced tracks, live it was like a Vikki Pollard with bass and glue.

But music is so personal im sure some people get a lot from it.

Couldnt agree with you more Graham, Muse is possibly the best live act I've ever seen, not to mention their my fav band, their fantastic.

I saw Muse live last BDO and they were fantastic. They sound amazingly good live.

Can't wait to see them, Dizzee Rascal, Groove Armada, Mars Volta, Calvin Harris, and Eskimo Joe.

Awesome line up!

Edited by Top Secret

Saw Muse the last time they played the BDO and they were spectacular, however, my pick of the day for that day was Kasabian. And they're coming back. And they've got a new album to play. Them, Muse and The Mars Volta might almost tempt me out of my 'no more BDOs' resolution.

Muse will be epic, the others will be pretty good too.

Need to bludge some tickets off someone now. Maybe an IOU with an infinite time period.

There was nothing like jumping, with 5000 others and feeling the vaccum created by tightly packed people rising together and having the air sucked up and down past you through the small gaps, when the solo from Knights of Cydonia hit you in the ears.

Never been to the BDO however. Would love to try and get up there this year.

Edited by Incary

Just volunteer to work for one of the company’s in the morning/early afternoon, you can knock off at about 3 and enjoy the music! I have had one of these passes the last few years, have ended up in a private box and the immortals lounge most of them, cant beat being amongst it though.

The first year Muse was there about 5 people went and watched their set, was so embarrassed for them, Kiwi’s are a bit slow when it comes to good music. Same thing happened with Kings Of Leon.