Sign in to follow this  
DRTDVL

How to drive a rally car!

There has been some great footage on HD Theatre over here lately of the World Rally guys from the 80's.

Now they could drive, and the cars were insane (but not as insane as the watching crowd, who would actually stand in the middle of the road and only dive out of theway at the last minute)!

The rally guys footwork is amazing, like watching a ballet.

Cheers

Grant

Under steer FTW… that last white hatch was going superfast, wtf happened there I wonder, pac notes guy was on the acid “four left tightens into five right, don’t cut, 9 left flat out over lake…four rightâ€

There has been some great footage on HD Theatre over here lately of the World Rally guys from the 80's.

Now they could drive, and the cars were insane (but not as insane as the watching crowd, who would actually stand in the middle of the road and only dive out of theway at the last minute)!

The rally guys footwork is amazing, like watching a ballet.

Cheers

Grant

See if you can find "Too Fast To Race" and "Still Too Fast To Race" dvd's you will love them!

went i was working at Sky City the wrc teams would stay there as it was the base for the nz rally. We got chatting to a few of the guys that serviced for the group b guys and they say the fans use to play a game of seeing if they could touch the car as it went past, needless to say the car did come back with a finger from time to time supposably.

Rally Drivers = Best Drivers in the world...

Rally Drivers = Best Drivers in the world...

I agree

I did the Rally School a few years ago out the back of Hamilton. Marty Rostenberg (spelling) and Mark Tapper were two of the instructors.

When they took you for hot laps of the Maramarua WRC stage, it was phenomenal.

I also grew up in a little place called Whitehall out the back of Cambridge, and in the 80's the NZ Rally would come past our house, it was my favourite time of the year.

Cheers

Grant

Under steer FTW… that last white hatch was going superfast, wtf happened there I wonder, pac notes guy was on the acid “four left tightens into five right, don’t cut, 9 left flat out over lake…four right”

Yeah see thats where he went wrong. Driver tried to go under the lake.

We will see if that’s true if Sebastian Loeb gets a chance to race F1 in 2011 wont we.

Guest Simon*

Haha that last one hit the water hard.

Holy sh*t yes! It bounced once on the grass then boom!

:lol:

more rally driver owsome ness - skip in to 1:30

Edited by DRTDVL

more rally driver owsome ness - skip in to 1:30

If we loose the throttle on sunday, I aint doing that!

That would have been quite hot under there, have had the same thing happen but just used shoe laces.. was mean as, like riding a horse.

Guest FrantiC

An m3 even!

Listen to the guy everytime they crash from 1:15 onwards... OI YOI YOI YOI YOI YOI YOI YOI. What a crack up!

Jimmy McRae - Opel Mantra + Flat rear tyre

:blink:

Wooahh...... dear god.

Sweet Thread

That is a HUGE impact when that car goes into the lake.

Hits a rock and flips

Another good one, I was at Puke when this happened, the car landed right in front of us, almost on us literally. My backpack was covered in racefuel.

It was bloody freaky.

Edited by braeden.

how NOT to drive a rally car!

Fixed.

That last clip with the E30 M3, now that is how to drive a rally car, he is giving that every last bit, impressive!

Half these clips are in the vids section. Infact I posted the last M3 clip a few days ago in reply to Heaths lame FWD ass dragging clips. :D

Half these clips are in the vids section. Infact I posted the last M3 clip a few days ago in reply to Heaths lame FWD ass dragging clips. :D

HAha they where funny - fwd drifters! Hahahaha

I knew saw that clip before.

Braeden. You need to find the full clip where the wrx crashes first.