Sign in to follow this  
Apocrypha

E39 4:3 monitor.

Hi, wondering if anyone got a E39 4:3 monitor for sale as mine is not working. Another question is whether if l am able to buy one of these but the monitor is on the right side instead of the left. Would l be able to fit those (monitor on right) into my car? thanks for the help.

Ive got the sat nav Nick not a monitor.

Archerus, I think you can use a monitor from a LHD car but the screen is actually slightly facing the driver and it will look all wrong from the drivers seat.

Yep, Martyn's correct - LHD unit screen will be at wrong angle for RHD - sit in the passenger seat & see.

I had one from when I updated to 16:9 screen but sold it a while ago.

Must surely be some floating around wreckers by now, same monitor is fitted in E38 & 39 so this widens the options.

Other thing to do: Upgrade to 16:9 unit (Plug& Play) but you also need to replace the video module as well

Yep, Martyn's correct - LHD unit screen will be at wrong angle for RHD - sit in the passenger seat & see.

I had one from when I updated to 16:9 screen but sold it a while ago.

Must surely be some floating around wreckers by now, same monitor is fitted in E38 & 39 so this widens the options.

Other thing to do: Upgrade to 16:9 unit (Plug& Play) but you also need to replace the video module as well

LHD will work properly and easily.

The most Monitor failures are the LCD screens.

So if the RHD drive monitor has failed, it'll be the LCD screen.

Get a cheap working LHD Monitor from eg USA or Europe, don't care if tape or CD.

Unbolt LCD screen (4 x Torx)

Fit to RHD Monitor

Presto, all working again

I did that on mine :-)

Hi, wondering if anyone got a E39 4:3 monitor for sale as mine is not working. Another question is whether if l am able to buy one of these but the monitor is on the right side instead of the left. Would l be able to fit those (monitor on right) into my car? thanks for the help.

I have a friend with one for sale for around $500 that was 1 month a go .. can ask him if he still has it for sale if your keen?

Hey there. do you still have your original "broken" tv module?

Ive got an "unbroken" 4:3 video module if you require:-