Sign in to follow this  
Brad-325i

tranny on the spritz!

Hey guys seems today my bmr has decided to loose all oompf in 3rd gear, not to mention it wont get out of 3rd if i sit with my foot on the pedal it will rev up and redline and then the automatic transmission light comes on.... im not much of a pro with auto's as this is my 1st. any help would be awesome..

Im guessing its the clutch plate but with my luck am prob wrong :s

Oh and if any1 has any idea of how much a new clutch plate will set me back that would be pretty choice too...

Cheers,

Brad

Edited by Brad21

sounds like its toast .

very expensive to rebuild , better to just swap it out for a good working second hand unit or swap it out for a manual conversion.

I know of a ZF auto box out of a 325i e36 that might be going cheap.. Not sure if it would work with the current electrics in your car tho, you would have to check that out.

Get a price off Ray @ HELLBM for a manual conversion. Probably cost you less than fixing the auto.

Aite thanks guys, im more considering the manual conversion as its something i wanted to do with the bmr just didnt think it was going to be anytime soon. now i just gota pull the cash out my ass ha.... cheers for the help

We have replacement tran`s and or drive in drive out conversions.

regards Ray

Hey guys before i finalize getin my beast changed to manual just thought i would check the trans fluid level incase by some crazy chance its just low and i dont need to spend a heck of alot of cash changin it over.... how do i check the fluid level on the tranny?? i honestly have no idea haha chur

We have replacement tran`s and or drive in drive out conversions.

regards Ray

Chur ray for the mint job on the manual conversion!! the man! had a sick drive bak!

Agree with everything said. Rebuild cost me $2300. Manual conversion was less than that when I blew the trans for the 2nd time.

Manual it, drive in drive out at HellBM.

Is a manual conversion an option for an e34 540? ... oh to have a manual v8.

Edited by danj

Is a manual conversion an option for an e34 540? ... oh to have a manual v8.

Yes... for about the value of the car if you import the parts and pay for someone to do it for you

Oh right :(

I was hoping ~2500 haha

btw Ray if you read this could you pm me your email address, I'm keen on sorting out some wheels for my car... I called you up the other day about them, will try call again tomorrow anyway.