Sign in to follow this  
Shady

E30 318i Sedan (SHADY)

This is both low & high on. High still looks a bit brighter. Will have a look tonight & take a night time photo.

post-4588-1255136586.jpg

post-4588-1255136590.jpg

post-4588-1255136595.jpg

I like your, umm, analog clock.

The only original part left? :lol:

Guest FrantiC

Oh, Looks better than I thought it would. Light output would be highly decreased though as you blacked out the reflector..

Oh, Looks better than I thought it would. Light output would be highly decreased though as you blacked out the reflector..

Yeah it wouldnt be anywhere near as bright as it would if I left it chromed. Wont be able to tell exactly until its dark (atfer 9pm now thanks daylight savings) so have to wait a few more hours before I can see. If its not much brighter than the lowbeam, I can then drive with all 4 lights on everywhere I go ;)

EDIT: Oh and those photos were taken with the flash turned OFF...so my camera didnt make it any brighter.

Edited by Shady

all the time your spending on this you should by a 325 m20 and manual conversion next :lol:

Its one of those cars, that once you start, you cant stop. I didnt intend on doing anything to it. But it just happens :lol:

I have big plans for it engine wise, which is why I dont care its a pussy 1.8. More info on the engine once I sell my Honda (to raise funds). Once I have it all sorted, you guys are gonna be freaking out....or hating. One or the other :lol:

I know! I didnt care. Workshops that do WOFs dont use the headlight testers like VTNZ so they'll just check the lights work & if the bulb lights up, all good. I've never seen a workshop check the quality.

I was meaning the hi-beams fail a WOF...tail lights should be all good.

SD European uses headlight testers.... its a requirement to pass a WOF.

SD European uses headlight testers.... its a requirement to pass a WOF.

I dont go to places like that. I just go to a local workshop. They just check the lights work & pass if the bulbs go.

keep it bmw and just chuck in a 4L V8.

Im not saying nothing :P

But NO, it aint gonna be a Rotor.

Thank God you removed the silver 'highlights' on the tail lights. Only a bit of silver to remove now so you're on your way!

I admire the dedication though, good work

:)

Thank God you removed the silver 'highlights' on the tail lights. Only a bit of silver to remove now so you're on your way!

I admire the dedication though, good work

:)

Yes, silver highlights were, very gay. Cant beleive I done. I think someone put crack in my tobacco :lol: jokes.

Only silver left is the spotlight blanks which will be replaced with spotlights anyway, and the silver painted plastic bits inside (which stated early in the thread, will be all replaced later on down the track).

Cheers for the comment :)

Repco much?

Repco for what.

350 chev ftw. Cheap, easy, simple, enough power to kill any diff.

Sorry guys. Lips are sealed. I wont be putting any clues out there, or even an answer, until I sell my Honda. I dont wanna even think about starting it until I have the funds. But I know what I want to do, and I am going to do it.

Guest FrantiC

Sorry guys. Lips are sealed. I wont be putting any clues out there, or even an answer, until I sell my Honda. I dont wanna even think about starting it until I have the funds. But I know what I want to do, and I am going to do it.

It's all good I won't tell anyone..

Just let me know when your ready to pay, I'll have the motor and bits out ready for ya.

... joking ^_^

Gearbox was removed from a 318i E30 '88 model. Lost all gears, wouldnt engage, so replaced it.

Are you going manual?

m50 conversion?

follow the htown trend lol

I know! I didnt care. Workshops that do WOFs dont use the headlight testers like VTNZ so they'll just check the lights work & if the bulb lights up, all good. I've never seen a workshop check the quality.

I was meaning the hi-beams fail a WOF...tail lights should be all good.

lol far your lights are a hell of a lot brighter than myn.

Mine shine like park lights!

terrible i know

You aren't keeping a secret which will secure you a F1 World Championship are you? You don't have Ferrari and McLaren spies infiltrating your house to see if you have developed a way to get 2% more power with a 1.5% reduction in fuel use .

It's a backyard engine conversion.. A engine which I'm sure everyone has heard of no doubt. So it's not really a secret after all.

I'm going to put a SR20DET in my car. No sh*t.

Are you going manual?

When I do my engine conversion, yes. But its still auto ATM.

m50 conversion?

follow the htown trend lol

Nope. I dont follow trends.

And Incary. Im sure what I want to do hasnt been done, I've search the net & google & youtube and found nothing yet. I will be starting a build thread when I have sold my Honda & start buying what I need.

lol far your lights are a hell of a lot brighter than myn.

Mine shine like park lights!

terrible i know

Your lights do look very "black" in the photos. Almost as though you painted the lens, which Im sure you didnt.

Did you also paint the "reflector" in the high beams?