Sign in to follow this  
Jezza

Style 32's - Is it possible?

Hey guys

Looking to find out whether these wheels would fit my E28 5 series. It's hard enough to find a set on trademe as no one calls them by their actual name.

Here are the wheels on trademe: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=247577939

So does anyone know whether they would fit?

Thanks

Guest Simon*

I'm no expert but I'd go out on a limb and say yes. From what I gather, E28 and E34 fitment seem largely interchangeable - and I could definitely fit those Style 32's (nice wheels by the way) on my E34 with hubcentric spacing rings (about $40 a set). So, extending that logic I'd be inclined to think that yes, they would fit your E28.

If unsure and needing a quick answer I would PM "Zenetti" - Jono from mag and tyre direct who is a guru in such matters

:)

The 18x8 Style 32's from the e39 and e38 (what these appear to be going by what the guys says in his auction) are ET20.

If the stud pattern is the same, you should be able to work out whether they'll fit for diameter width and offset.

I think ET 20 is factory offset for e28, and so just depends on factory width. Seems like a fairly big wheel for a car that came out with 14-16" rims factory which would be anything from 6.5 to 7.5" wide.

They might fit.

i think they will fit but you will need hubcentric rings as the hubs on later bmw's are larger

they will fit fine.

e39, e32, e34 ,e31 etc have same hub as e28/ e24 etc.

e39 has sleightly large hub size

et20 is best with a 8" wide rim , just becarefull you dont use a tyre with a big a curb protector or it might rub against the front strut tower .

i had a problem with my 16" by 8" with ET23 with a 225/50-16" bridgestone Grid III they just rub up against the strut , , so we just pu a small dent in the tower tube and drove around burning a bit of rubber for a few 100km or so .

something like a 235/35-18 or 235/40-18" would suit

i run 235/45-17" tyres on my road use wheels which are 17" by 8" with a et20 , have no problems

if they are off a e32 and not a e39 they will go straight on.Run the right tyre size though ie a proper plus two or plus three fitment.I dont think the tyres are the right size for you as Brent says a 235/40 is the right size

this is a good site for (e34) mostly info http://www.bmwe34.net/Wiki/tiki-index.php?page=Wheels

Edited by kiwi535

235/50/18's will not fit the front, they are too tall and will hit the spring platform on the strut. I think you'll need 35's to get them to fit.

I believe I've actually tried these wheels on my e28 (if they are the ones at european autospares in Manukau) and they fitted fine. The only reason I didn;t buy them (I was very very close) is they were to big. 18's on an e28 look like roller-skate wheels in my opinion. If I could have found type 32s in 17s (they do exist) I would have jumped at them.

I believe I've actually tried these wheels on my e28 (if they are the ones at european autospares in Manukau) and they fitted fine. The only reason I didn;t buy them (I was very very close) is they were to big. 18's on an e28 look like roller-skate wheels in my opinion. If I could have found type 32s in 17s (they do exist) I would have jumped at them.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, would look out of place being that large. Mine is already lowered so I don't think I could pull it off. I don't think it'd be easy finding the 17's as they must be sort after, rare, and no one calls them by there proper name.

Thanks for every ones input. I might just end up going for something like the wheels in brents sig.

Edited by Junkers

or maybe something like this .

post-279-1255541045.jpg

post-279-1255541166.jpg

post-279-1255541192.jpg

post-279-1255541231.jpg

post-279-1255541289.jpg

Guest Simon*

17" Style 32's are everywhere! But they're almost always for E36

Here's Ray's 318is on trademe ;)

Posted Image

Are those all wheels you have for sale brent?

I spy with my little eye something beginning with 17' style 32's

At least I think they are 17's :ph34r:

Very observant Martyn. staggered 17`s. I also have some on 6FTNDR. E36 Staggered sets also avaliable.

post-1470-1255760798.jpg

Very observant Martyn. staggered 17`s.

Nothing gets passed Hong Kong Phooey Ray :D

I would think its fair to say you should be receiving a phone call from Junkers on Monday morning mate.