Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

My 318Ti M52 B28 Dyno run

Had a freebee today ..run up on the dyno. Quite pleased really 122.9 RWKW (165hp)= 155 FWKW

Stock FWKW is 142 so I've got an extra 13KW with exhaust & Simota CAI

A little lean down low but a remap should sort that

post-1129-1255564324.jpg

Edited by *Glenn*

nice glenn im off to gavin next thursday, hope to get a good result ;)

Nice Glenn, re-mapp in order.

Whats with the torque figures?

i was just going to ask that myself ,

would like to see that car on gavin's dyno so as to compare with others i have seen and done etc

just getting my 328i coupe converted to manual at the moment as well as fitting some headers (thanks w to wayney)

then off to gavin's dyno etc

good power though glenn.

11kw more than my e36 325i did

It might be their calibration Wayne. Factory is 280 Nm though... fected if I know. Will be doing the remap with Gavin though

Looks great Glenn.

Would love to dyno the 323 now that I have a proper Simota CAI. Would be interesting to see the difference between the CAI and the standard airbox.

Yes 4th

Would explain the odd torque figure would it not?

Definitely looks like 4th given the indicated road speed -

And is that 13 kw gain assumed on your car would spin up at 142 kW on the test dyno you used.

To genuinely claim a gain you should do a before and after run on the same dyno

Yes it was in 4th Ron

Factory is a claimed 142FWKW I'm getting a calculated 155FWKW from the 122.9 RWKW

Didnt consider doing the pre at the time. Thats what I'm getting ATM.. will compare after a remap with Gavin. The run yesterday was offered as a freeby for a favour

Edited by *Glenn*

Those Dyno Torque Performance roller dyno's are out by about 11%, that crowd in Avondale make them. To give you some idea of the inaccuracy they even read higher than the Dyna Pack dyno that bolts directly to the hubb's.(no wheels to drive)

Edited by mr E34

TBH.. I couldn't care less really.. got a freebee... went and did it .. I was provided with results that I dont know are correct or not... who cares... Car goes well... nuthin to proove.. I like it ... Its fun... Next thread please :D

dyno's = tuning tool... do all your development on the same dyno and your sorted...

Hey glenn, Just out of interest i thought your gear box was 1-1 5th so in theory shouldnt they dyno in 5th?

Hey glenn, Just out of interest i thought your gear box was 1-1 5th so in theory shouldnt they dyno in 5th?

yes thats right , but some dyno guys dont know that or like gavin told me i runs the dyno rollers to fast .

yes thats right , but some dyno guys dont know that or like gavin told me i runs the dyno rollers to fast .

so how do we get a proper dyno and ramp rate?, not a true reading? Edited by kerry