Sign in to follow this  
APT

Leather Polish/Wax?

My seats are abit faded in colour and has abit of a matt texture.

Anyone know of a product that will get the shine back on leather seats ?

Can anyone recommend a brand ?

There are so many out there i dont know which one to go for lol.

Thanks

Andrew

I just used the Mothers Leather care product last week

Leather cleaner

Leather conditioner

Seats look brand new!

Dont know if they'll help you with fading though?? :mellow:

Now here is a subject no-one can complain about the Bimmersport search engine !

Have a search for "leather clean" Andrew and you'll find lots of threads on this. Ive always talked about Liquid Leather and personally wouldnt use anything else but there are other options out there.

I just used the Mothers Leather care product last week

Leather cleaner

Leather conditioner

Seats look brand new!

Dont know if they'll help you with fading though?? :mellow:

Cheers Thanks for that does the conditioner bring up the shine ?

Also Martyn i did have a little serach but what i could find was people re dying there door cards, and i did got to a project thread but i had to search through about 15 pages to get to the word leather.

But anyway Sorry about that :D

That cool Andrew, but I can find the following threads....

Ryan's: E36 Leather Clean

Braeden's: Pacer Car Cleaning Products

XescuY's: Best leather treatment

mackt's: Leather makeover e39

All on the first page (of the search results) and all talking about using a range of different products. There are plenty more of the following pages too.

Im not picking on you :) Just trying to point out that the search engine doesnt necessarily deserve the flack it gets. You just have to be smart about what you search for thats all.

Cheers

I used the Pelle system

Leather cleaner - conditioner - etc

They are based in Timaru so I went straight to the factory. Very nice people even supplied me with a bottle of dye that they matched to my upholstery.

Usually on trade me

website

www.pellecare.co.nz

Im not picking on you :) Just trying to point out that the search engine doesnt necessarily deserve the flack it gets. You just have to be smart about what you search for thats all.

Cheers

+1

The thing is that you spend more time posting up and waiting for a response than taking the time to search.

Its not THAT bad.

Anyway I recomend mothers as above. Its all I ever use on my car with the only exceptions been Meguiers Tyre Shine gel and Armor All.

I use the Meguiars two step Aloe clean and condition, whilst it cleans and conditions I wouldn’t expect it to revive anything, it’s more a preventative product.

From my experience with leather I have found if leather is stuffed leather is stuffed, all you can do is a smoke and mirrors effect revamp, it will look better but won’t last long and won’t feel very nice.

I have used liquid shoe polish to hide damage when selling a car before, looked awesome :ph34r:

I have used liquid shoe polish to hide damage when selling a car before, looked awesome :ph34r:

I was actually thinking about using that but dont think it would last that long lol.

From my experience with leather I have found if leather is stuffed leather is stuffed, all you can do is a smoke and mirrors effect revamp, it will look better but won’t last long and won’t feel very nice.

I disagree with your first point but agree with the second :)

Its all about patience if your leather is really stuffed. I had an e32 with horrific leather. Badly cracked, stiff as a board, shiny like it had been painted with laquer but three months of using Liquid Leather each month and absolutely going to town with both the cleaner and conditioner over an entire weekend each time left me with seats that were almost new again.

I didnt use liquid shoe polish but the traditional Kiwi with a rag to put the tiniest amount on any remaining splits to just turn the grey to black and it worked a treat.

This Liquid leather sounds sweet i think its what i need. Is it just a product from repco, supercheap?

I use the Pelle wax oiled kit.

Worked a treat on my 540 and really bought the leather back to life.

I have had limited success on 2 cars with leather that i have had.... i m about o get a few parts of my audi's leather on the side of the seat replaced actually, so i dont have to be all careful when getting in and out/...... sport seats FTL

Just so you know mate, leather is never supposed to shine, it is meant to have a matt or satin type finish to it. Think of it like your own skin, you dont have shiny skin unless your some butter face whore.. But yeah have a search on the current threads there are about it. You will find megiars and mothers stuff usually leaves the seats greasy as..